If you’re trying to eat clean, you need to keep these seven Clean Eating Pantry Staples on hand at all times. Whipping up a healthy, homemade meal is super simple when you keep the right ingredients in your kitchen!
Set yourself up for success on your clean-eating journey by stocking your pantry with basics that make healthy eating easier. These seven clean eating pantry staples are affordable and can all be found at your local grocery store. Keep these staples on hand and whipping up healthy meals is a snap!
7 Clean Eating Pantry Staples
- Oils and Vinegar – You want to keep coconut oil, avocado oil, and ghee on hand for cooking. Also keep extra virgin olive oil along with balsamic and apple cider vinegar on hand for marinades and homemade salad dressings.
- Whole Grain Pasta – Keeping pasta on hand is essential because it’s perfect to prepare ahead to be used throughout the week in spaghetti, pasta salads, macaroni and cheese, and any other noodle dish you desire.
- Low Sodium Canned Goods – Keep organic and low sodium canned goods on hand to be used in a pinch in your recipes. Tomatoes with green chiles, peas, corn, black beans, garbanzo beans, stewed tomatoes, diced tomatoes, cannoli beans, and refried beans are some of our favorites.
- Grains – These are worth keeping at the top of your shopping list! Brown rice, quinoa, black rice, oats, freekeh, whole grain barley, and couscous should always be in your pantry.
- Peanut Butter – You can make your own or buy a low-sugar, organic variety to be used as a quick protein source at breakfast or lunch.
- Pasta Sauce – Pair this with your whole grain pasta throughout the week. Homemade marinara sauce is the best choice, but there are some pretty good low-sugar, low-sodium choices on the grocery store shelves. Just be sure to read the labels so you’re making the right choices.
- Spices – Cumin, thyme, Italian seasoning, oregano, chili powder, bay leaves, garlic powder, onion powder, nutmeg, cinnamon, ginger, sea salt, and peppercorns are just a few of our favorites to keep on hand.
We hope you find this list of seven Clean Eating Pantry Staples helpful. For more informational posts like this, be sure to stop by our Outside of the Recipe Box section to help you out in your quest for a healthier, happier you! Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter so that you never miss a single recipe and for daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!