Dark Chocolate Dipped Fruit Recipe: Fresh fruit and dark chocolate are great sources of antioxidants making this simple dessert the perfect mix of healthy and sweet. Easy, delicious, only a few ingredients, and minutes to prepare!
Hello everyone! I’m Sara Maniez from Life’s Little Sweets! It doesn’t get much simpler than this Dark Chocolate Dipped Fruit recipe that I’m sharing with you today.
This Dark Chocolate Dipped Fresh Fruit takes less than 6 minutes to prepare and can be customized any way you want with your favorite fruit or even a different chocolate. Simple and delicious, that’s the way we like our desserts. Added bonus points for no baking involved!
This is the perfect dessert or snack if you are:
- a lover of fruit and chocolate,
- short on time,
- want a dessert that is also loaded with antioxidants, and
- need a recipe with minimal ingredients, in this case, it’s your favorite fruit + dark chocolate!
Dark chocolate has the most antioxidants, but you can also substitute the dark chocolate for semi-sweet, milk, or white chocolate.
Want to get fancy or gift these sweet treats?
You can add some sprinkles after dipping the fruit and place them in cupcake papers to keep them from touching, then box them, and finish with a bow for the perfect food gift! You have an easy-to-make, edible gift to give to your loved one.
Dark Chocolate Dipped Fresh Fruit Recipe
This Dark Chocolate Dipped Fresh Fruit also makes an easy-to-prepare dessert that you can get the family involved with. Not having too many ingredients makes for easy cleanup too!
If you have extra chocolate, just scrape it into a mason jar and save it for later to use in another easy dessert recipe!
Even though this is such a simple dessert, it’s so pretty seeing lovely fresh fruit blanketed in decadent dark chocolate. Why not serve this for entertaining? Pair it with your favorite wine or cheese!
- 6 ounce package of raspberries, washed
- 6 ounce package of blackberries, washed
- 16 ounce package of strawberries, washed with leaves cut off
- 1 apple (Fuji or preferred variety), cut, cored, and peeled
- 1 banana, peeled and sliced
- 1 10-oz bag dark chocolate melting wafers
- Wash and prepare your fruit. Dry well.
- Line 1 baking sheet with wax or parchment paper.
- Melt dark chocolate at 30 second intervals (about 3 times, depending on the strength of your microwave) in the microwave in a heat safe and microwave safe bowl, stirring in between each interval.
- Using a fork, dip the fruit and place on the parchment-lined baking sheet. Allow the chocolate to solidify at room temperature or to speed things up, transfer to the refrigerator for 10-15 minutes. Serve individually or on wooden skewers. Enjoy!
Home Chef Tip: To speed up getting the chocolate solid after dipping, you can refrigerate the dipped fruit for 10-15 minutes. Also, If you are using apples and bananas make sure to consume right away as they do brown quickly. Fruit like blackberries, strawberries, and raspberries can be prepared the day before.
We hope you love this Dark Chocolate Dipped Fresh Fruit recipe from SoFabFood Home Chef, Sara from Life’s Little Sweets. If you enjoyed this delightful recipe, stop by our Desserts section to find more like it. For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!