This Dark Chocolate Dipped Fresh Fruit dessert recipe is easy and delicious, requiring only a few ingredients and minutes to prepare. Fresh fruit and dark chocolate are great sources of antioxidants making this treat the perfect mix of healthy and sweet.
Hello everyone! I’m Sara Maniez from Life’s Little Sweets! It doesn’t get much simpler than this Dark Chocolate Dipped Fresh Fruit that I’m sharing with you today.
I don’t know about you, but after the major winter holidays, I need a little break from baking (yes, even me!) or just the oven in general, but I don’t want to give up dessert entirely.
This Dark Chocolate Dipped Fresh Fruit recipe takes less than 6 minutes to prepare and can be customized any way you want with your favorite fruit or even a different chocolate. Simple and delicious, that’s the way we like our desserts!
This is the perfect dessert or snack if you are:
- a lover of fruit and chocolate,
- short on time,
- want a dessert that is also loaded with antioxidants, and
- need a recipe with minimal ingredients, in this case, it’s your favorite fruit + dark chocolate!
Dark chocolate has the most antioxidants, but you can also substitute the dark chocolate for semi-sweet, milk, or white chocolate.
Want to get fancy or present these sweet treats as edible gifts? Hey, Valentine’s Day is ahead of us…
You can add some sprinkles after dipping the fruit and place them in cupcake papers to keep them from touching, then box them, and finish with a bow for the perfect food gift! You have an easy-to-make, edible gift to give to your loved one.
Dark Chocolate Dipped Fresh Fruit Recipe
This Dark Chocolate Dipped Fresh Fruit also makes an easy-to-prepare dessert that you can get the family involved with. Not having too many ingredients makes for easy cleanup too!
If you have extra chocolate, just scrape it into a mason jar and save it for later to use for making more Dark Chocolate Dipped Fresh Fruit!
Even though this is such a simple dessert, it’s so pretty seeing lovely fresh fruit blanketed in decadent dark chocolate. Why not serve this for entertaining? Pair it with your favorite wine or cheese!
I know you will love this Dark Chocolate Dipped Fresh Fruit which is simplicity at its finest!
- 6 ounce package of raspberries, washed
- 6 ounce package of blackberries, washed
- 16 ounce package of strawberries, washed with leaves cut off
- 1 apple (Fuji or preferred variety), cut, cored, and peeled
- 1 banana, peeled and sliced
- 1 10-oz bag dark chocolate melting wafers
- Wash and prepare your fruit. Dry well.
- Line 1 baking sheet with wax or parchment paper.
- Melt dark chocolate at 30 second intervals (about 3 times, depending on the strength of your microwave) in the microwave in a heat safe and microwave safe bowl, stirring in between each interval.
- Using a fork, dip the fruit and place on the parchment-lined baking sheet. Allow the chocolate to solidify at room temperature or to speed things up, transfer to the refrigerator for 10-15 minutes. Serve individually or on wooden skewers. Enjoy!
Home Chef Tip: To speed up getting the chocolate solid after dipping, you can refrigerate the dipped fruit for 10-15 minutes. Also, If you are using apples and bananas make sure to consume right away as they do brown quickly. Fruit like blackberries, strawberries, and raspberries can be prepared the day before.
We hope you love this recipe for Dark Chocolate Dipped Fresh Fruit from SoFabFood Contributor, Sara from Life’s Little Sweets, as much as we do. If you enjoyed this delightful recipe, stop by our Desserts section to find more like it and subscribe to our newsletter so that you never miss another tasty recipe. For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook and follow us on Pinterest for even more simple dessert ideas. Enjoy!