Peanut Butter Cheerios Breakfast Bars
Starting your family’s day off right with a breakfast full of protein is very important to their success at work and school. But what do you do if you have a picky little eater? It’s often hard to get those picky eaters to eat anything that’s good for them so disguising protein and fiber in their morning meal is often necessary. These Peanut Butter Cheerios Breakfast Bars are perfect because they’re easy to make and they have just enough sweetness that your little ones will think that you’re giving them a treat in the mornings and you’ll feel great that you’re gearing them up for a successful day.
- 3½ cups Honey Nut Cheerios
- 1½ cups creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup no salt butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup light corn syrup
- 2 cups peanut butter chips
- Place Cheerios in a large bowl.
- Line an 8×8 glass baking dish with waxed paper.
- In a medium pan, combine peanut butter, corn syrup, and butter, and heat over low heat until melted, stirring regularly.
- Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla extract then pour over the Cheerios and mix well.
- Place the Cheerios mixture in the prepared pan and press to flatten.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sprinkle peanut butter chips over the bars and bake in the oven for 3-5 minutes until the chips look spreadable.
- Remove from oven and spread melted chips evenly with a spoon like a frosting.
- Chill covered on the countertop for 4 hours.
- Remove from pan and cut into bars.
- Store uneaten bars in an airtight container in the refrigerator to be enjoyed throughout the week.
This breakfast bar recipe will become a family favorite in no time and you’ll love it because it’s so simple to make. If you loved this recipe idea, you can find more recipes like it by visiting our Breakfast Section. For daily recipe ideas, you can like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and be inspired by our many Pinterest boards. Enjoy!