This Skillet Cilantro Lime Chicken and Rice is a one-pan wonder that’s packed with protein and bursting with flavor. Perfect for busy weeknights, this attractive dish can be ready in about 30 minutes!
Skillet Cilantro Lime Chicken and Rice Recipe
We love one pan meals because they are a simple way to get dinner on the table during the week and they require very little cleanup. This healthy Skillet Cilantro Lime Chicken and Rice is filling and packed with protein and vegetables. Chicken breast chunks are simmered in a broth base with diced tomatoes, black beans, corn, rice, and a host of spices resulting in a meal that’s out of this world. Make this one-pan wonder tonight and we’re sure your family will be asking for seconds. If there happen to be leftovers, use them to make a chicken burrito bowl for lunch during the week.
- 1.5 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast or tenders, cubed
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 1 sweet bell peppers diced (whatever color you prefer)
- 2 small cloves fresh garlic, minced
- Juice of 1 fresh lime
- 1 15-oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 fresh tomatoes, including juice, diced
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked brown rice, rinsed
- 2 1/2 cups low-sodium, organic chicken broth
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- A small handful of fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 2 tbsp EVOO
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium/high heat.
- Add the chicken, season with sea salt and pepper, and sauté for about 7 minutes, until golden and cooked through.
- Set chicken aside.
- Add 1 more tablespoon of oil to the skillet.
- Add onion, garlic, peppers, and sauté for 5-6 minutes.
- Add in the chicken broth, lime juice, beans, tomatoes, rice, salt, and pepper, and stir to combine.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until rice is cooked through.
- Add chicken back to the pan.
- Sprinkle with fresh cilantro.
- Serve immediately.
Home Chef Tip: To use this dish as part of your meal prep for the week, store in the fridge in air-tight containers for a max of 5 days to be used for lunches throughout the week.
We hope you love this healthy Skillet Cilantro Lime Chicken and Rice recipe as much as we do. If you enjoyed this simple dish, be sure to visit our 30-Minute Meals and One-Pan Meals sections for more like it. Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter so that you never miss a single recipe. For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!