Love pickled jalapeños? If you’ve never made them at home, you need to start today. These Fermented Jalapeños Health Benefits may surprise you. Spice up your favorite dishes while you’re providing your body with much-needed probiotic benefits.
Fermented Jalapeños Health Benefits + Recipe
These no-fuss Probiotic Fermented Jalapeños are what you need if you are looking for better gut health. If you love jalapeños, skip the salty, store-bought version and eat homemade and healthy fermented probiotic jalapeños instead.
Fermented foods are foods that have been through a process of lactofermentation in which natural bacteria feed on the sugar and starch in the food creating lactic acid. This process preserves the food, and creates beneficial enzymes, b-vitamins, Omega-3 fatty acids, and various strains of probiotics.
The amazing health benefits of Probiotic Jalapeños:
- Anti-Oxidant Properties – Because of the flavinoids and vitamins found in jalapeños, these peppers are excellent anti-oxidants, which means they work within the bloodstream to help the body fight off and heal from damaging cells.
- Boost Weight Loss – Jalapeño peppers contain a chemical known as capsaicin, which is actually what gives peppers their hot properties. Capsaicin is also good for helping you lose weight, and is commonly found in many weight loss pills and supplements.
- Disease Fighting Properties – Jalapeños contain vitamin C to fight free radicals and prevent certain diseases.
- Prevent Ulcers – Jalapeño peppers are packed with antioxidants and vitamin C. This combination helps in killing the bad bacteria in the stomach and mouth, preventing ulcers from forming.
- 8 Jalapeños
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 4 cloves fresh garlic, peeled
- Filtered water
- Slice jalapeños.
- Add garlic and salt to a 16-oz mason jar.
- Fill with filtered water, leaving a good amount of room at the top.
- Place a small juice jar into a plastic bag so it weighs the jalapeños down underneath the water.
- Add water to the bag if you need more weight to hold them down.
- Let sit out in the sun for 5-7 days.
- Transfer to your fridge and enjoy!
Home Chef Tip: Use any variety of Jalapeños or other peppers if you'd like. Change up the flavor with additional herbs like fresh dill.
We hope you find this information about the Benefits of Fermented Jalapeños useful in your quest for a happier, healthier you. If you enjoyed this article, be sure to visit our Healthy Food Tips section for more like it. Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter so that you never miss a single healthy recipe, and for daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!
Disclosure: The author of this article is not a trained medical professional, nor a dietician. All of the information in this post is based on research and personal experience.