With only 10 minutes of prep time, this Slow Cooker Fiesta Turkey Chili is a heart-healthy meal everyone will love. This one-pot meal is delicious and easy weeknight comfort food!
Your new favorite slow cooker turkey chili recipe!
This Tex-Mex Slow Cooker Fiesta Turkey Chili recipe is an easy weeknight comfort food no one can resist. With just 10 minutes of prep time and seven ingredients you probably already have on hand, this one-pot meal couldn’t be simpler to make. This dish is packed with protein from the ground turkey and beans, and the added texture and flavor from the diced tomatoes, chiles, and corn makes this heart-healthy meal complete.
Quick tips for keeping this one-pot meal simple!
The secret to making this meal so simple is by taking shortcuts. We love a good, truly homemade chili as much as the next person, but during the busy work week, time doesn’t allow for that so this semi-homemade version is the next best thing! Using canned tomatoes, beans, and vegetables is key to getting this together in your slow cooker quickly so that you can go on about your busy day without worrying about what’s for dinner. Toss everything in the pot the night before or in the morning, turn on your Crock Pot, and come home to a big bowl of comfort on a chilly evening!
- 1.5 lb lean ground turkey, uncooked, but thawed
- 1 15-oz can no salt added tomato sauce
- 1 10-oz can Ro*Tel® No Salt Diced Tomatoes, drained
- 1 15-oz can no salt added pinto beans, with juices
- 1 15-oz can no salt added corn, drained
- 2 tbsp cumin powder
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- Place defrosted ground turkey in the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Add in tomato sauce and diced tomatoes.
- Sprinkle spices over the top.
- Add in canned beans and corn.
- Cover and simmer on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4-5 hours.
- Approximately one hour before serving, break up the ground turkey and give the chili a good stir to combine everything. Replace the cover and continue simmering until ready.
Home Chef Tip: To make this chili on the stovetop, simply brown your ground turkey first, then add in all of the others ingredients, stir, and simmer covered over medium-low heat for 30-60 minutes.
Health Tip and Nutritional Information:
One average-sized bowl (about 2 cups) of this Slow Cooker Turkey Chili has approximately 90 mg of sodium. Value varies depending on canned ingredients used so always read your labels!
We hope you love this Slow Cooker Turkey Chili recipe as much as we do. If you enjoyed this simple weeknight meal, you can find more like it by visiting our Slow Cooker section. For daily recipe inspiration, subscribe to our newsletter, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!