Is Avocado Oil the new Coconut Oil? Avocado Oil is the healthiest oil you aren’t using yet. Learn why you should be reaping the healthy benefits of avocado oil and how you can add it to your daily routine.
We love Coconut Oil for all of its health benefits, but did you know that Avocado Oil is the healthiest oil that you probably aren’t using yet? Avocado Oil, pressed from the fruit of the avocado, is one of the few plant oils not obtained from a seed. It is tolerant of extremely high heat which makes it a great oil for cooking. Avocado Oil contains high concentrations of unsaturated fats and Vitamin E, both of which your body needs.
10 Health and Beauty Benefits of Avocado Oil
- Reduce Inflammation -Achy joints, swelling, and inflammation in the body, along with the symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis, can be lessened by regular use of Avocado Oil. It contains high levels of oleic acid, carotenoids, lutein, Vitamin E, and phytosterols that combat inflammation.
- Combat Skin Conditions – Avocado oil has been recommended for those suffering with acne problems, as a treatment for eczema, and a treatment for psoriasis symptoms. Once applied, Avocado Oil is deeply absorbed by the skin, making it an ideal moisturizer and skin care agent.
- Improve Heart Health – Avocado is loaded with Heart-Healthy Monounsaturated Fatty Acids. Avocado oil is high in monounsaturated oleic acid, a “heart healthy” fatty acid that is believed to promote heart health.
- Periodontal Diseases – According to a study published in the “Journal of Periodontology”, Avocado Oil was shown to decrease inflammation in the gums, helping to prevent future gum disease.
- Diminish Age Spots – Avocado Oil is rich in a type of steroid called sterolin. Sterolins can penetrate deeply into the skin to afford it moisture. To make use of the power of sterolins in treating age spots, mix 2 tablespoons of avocado oil with an equal amount of castor oil, and stir well. Massage well over the age spots, and let sit for at least 15 minutes. Follow this with a warm water rinse.
- Regulate Blood Pressure -Avocado oil may improve blood pressure, according to a study published in the April 2005 “Journal of Ethnopharmacology.”
- Tame Frizzy Hair – The natural oils and nutrients of avocado oil make it a great treatment for damaged and frizzy hair. Mash up half an avocado and massage two tablespoons of Avocado Oil into your hair and scalp. Leave on for fifteen minutes before shampooing and your unruly hair will be smooth and more controllable.
- Natural Sunscreen – You can use avocado oil as a natural sunscreen and a soothing ointment for sunburned skin. Avocado oil has a high proportion of mono-saturated fats in it. These fats form a protective layer over the skin to prevent UV rays from getting in.
- Fingernail Strengthener – Rub Avocado Oil on your cuticles every evening. Within a few days, you will notice stronger and healthier fingernails.
- Skin Moisturizer – Slather Avocado Oil on your body after showering when your skin is still a little damp. It will make your skin silky, help with keratosis pilaris (due to the Vitamin A content), and keep your skin hydrated all day long.
We hope you found this list of 10 Uses and Healthy Benefits of Avocado Oil helpful and we encourage you to use it often when cooking and in the ways mentioned above to reap its many health benefits. For more informational posts like this, be sure to stop by our Food and Fitness section to help you out in your quest for a happier, healthier you!
Disclosure: The author of this article is not a trained medical professional, nor a dietician. All of the information in this post is based on research, doctor recommendations, and personal experience.