Make your own Turmeric Milk, a traditional Ayurvedic drink, to boost your health and vitality. If you have never heard of Turmeric or Turmeric Milk, also know as Golden Milk, you are going to have your favorite night-time beverage after you try this recipe.
Golden Milk is a delicious drink made with coconut milk, turmeric, ginger, coconut oil, honey, and black pepper and it said to have some incredible health properties. People turn to this recipe to help alleviate the symptoms of colds, congestion, headache, sore throats, blotchy skin, and even depression. Turmeric also has strong anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties. For these reasons, Turmeric is known as the “Healing Spice”.
Turmeric milk is also a great general body detox. Drinking this Golden Milk on a daily basis can help the liver detox. From scouring the internet, we have learned Turmeric has been used medicinally for about 4,000 years in traditional Chinese medicine. This is one herb you are going to want in your pantry.
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 tsp dried turmeric (or ½ inch fresh turmeric thinly sliced or grated)
- 1 tsp dried ginger (or ½ inch fresh ginger sliced or grated)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 dash of honey
- 1 dash of fresh ground black pepper
- Add coconut milk into a small sauce pan.
- Add turmeric, ginger, coconut oil, and black pepper to milk and stir.
- Let the milk begin to come to a boil.
- Then turn it down to low and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Strain the mixture if you have used fresh ingredients.
- Serve warm.
If you love the idea of using Coconut Oil in this recipe, check out our 20 Uses For Coconut Oil. If you’re looking for more ways to detox, here are some more nutritional drinks:
- Jillian Michaels’ 7 Day Detox Drink
- Green Juice Detox Drink
- Citrus Detox Drink
- Dr. Oz recommended Apple Cinnamon Metabolism Detox Water
- Dr. Oz Fat Flush Detox Water
We all know drinking healthy beverages is very important for our health, but adding additional ingredients that both enhance the flavor of our drinks and add healthy nutrients to it is even better. If you love this healthy drink recipe, you can find more like it by visiting our Recipe Index. Be sure to subscribe to our newsletter so that you never miss a single healthy recipe. Just by entering your email address, you’ll receive a free recipe per day delivered right to your inbox. Enjoy!
Disclosure: The author of this article is not a trained medical professional, nor a dietician. All of the information in this post is based on research and personal experience.