Citrus Detox Water
With the warmer weather upon us, it is important to stay hydrated. Water is obviously the best drink to turn to, but sometimes it can be boring. Don’t just drink plain water, tantalize your taste buds instead with a mixture of lemon, lime, and tangerine infused in your water. Drinking a gallon of water a day is a great way to get all the water you need to fuel your system. Try to infuse every glass with fruit for added health benefits. Why infuse water with citrus fruits?
You get all the benefits and nutrients found in these fabulous fruits just by drinking your daily allowance of water:
- According to research, lemons are great for alkalizing the body and are acidic which will help restore your body’s PH balance. Lemons are rich in Vitamin C and flavonoids, helping to ward off illness.
- Limes aid in digestion and have insoluble fibers which benefit your health.
- Tangerines are said to stabilize blood sugar and stimulate genes that help you burn fat. They are high in Vitamin C and contain natural soluble and insoluble fiber which aids in waste elimination. We use them in the Dr. Oz Fat Flush Detox Drink too.
- 1 Lemon
- 1 Lime
- 1 Gallon Purified Water
- Cut up your fruit and place in a gallon container of purified water.
- Let the fruit infuse into the water overnight in the refrigerator.
- Drink for 2 days, refilling container with water as needed, to stay hydrated.
If you love this healthy Citrus Detox Water recpe, you can find more like it by visiting our Recipe Index. Be sure to subscribe to our newsletter so that you never miss a single healthy recipe. Just by entering your email, you’ll receive a free recipe per day delivered right to your inbox. Enjoy!
Disclosure: The author of this article is not a trained medical professional, nor a dietician. All of the information in this post is based on research and personal experience.