If you want to impress your family, make this DIY Stuffed Crust Pizza at home. It’s easy to do using part-skim mozzarella cheese sticks, it’s way better than take out, and it’s a lot healthier too.
Pizza is quite possibly the perfect food. Depending on the toppings you choose, you get servings of all four food groups in one glorious slice. Just plain pizza alone is amazing, but once you stuff that crust full of even more cheese, it becomes something magical. And the beauty is, you don’t have to rely on take out anymore to get delicious stuffed crust pizza at home. This DIY Stuffed Crust Pizza Recipe will have you whipping up the magic right in your very own kitchen. For this particular recipe, we went with a delightful vegetarian pizza, but you can feel free to get as imaginative as you’d like with your toppings.
- For the Crust:
- 1.5 cups bread flour
- 2 tbsp Mrs. Dash Garlic & Herb
- 2 + 1 tbsp Olive Oil (you’ll need to separate them out)
- ½ cup water
- 7 sticks part-skim string cheese, cut into 1" pieces
- For the Pizza:
- 1 cup marinara sauce, your favorite jarred sauce or you can make your own
- 2 cups Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- ½ cup Colby Jack Cheese, shredded
- Toppings of choice (we used goat cheese, mushroom slices, and jalapeños)
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix your flour and seasoning.
- Pour the water and 2 tbsp oil into the bowl and mix. If it’s a little too sticky, pour in a little more flour and finish kneading.
- Roll into a ball, pour the remaining tablespoon of oil over the ball, and place it in a covered bowl for about 5 minutes.
- Remove dough ball from the bowl, making sure the oil is thoroughly covering it, and form into a round crust on a tinfoil-covered pizza stone or pan, making sure to extend the crust circle 1" outside of your stone or pan.
- Place the string cheese pieces around the perimeter of the crust inside the pan and carefully fold extended pizza dough over cheese and pinch firmly to seal.
- Poke a few holes in the crust’s bottom, and cook untopped on the middle rack of your oven at 425ºF for 5-6 minutes.
- Remove from oven, top with sauce, then cheeses, then your toppings of choice.
- Bake the completed pizza at 425ºF for 15-20 minutes until the cheese is melted and a nice golden brown.
We hope you enjoy this recipe for Stuffed Crust Pizza as much as we do. If you love this recipe, find more like it by visiting our Pizza Section. Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter so that you never miss a single recipe, and be sure to like us on Facebook and find us on Pinterest for even more fabulous meal ideas. Enjoy!