If you’re struggling to get enough fruits and vegetables into your daily diet, reduce your stress and boost your energy with this refreshingly delicious Green Juice Detox Drink recipe.
With busy schedules, it’s often hard to make sure you’re getting enough fruits and vegetables into your daily diet to give you the nutrients and energy you need to stay on pace. If this sounds like you, we’d highly recommend juicing. This recipe for Green Juice Detox Drink is surprisingly delicious and it helps you pack in those fruits and vegetables with a full serving in just one 10-ounce glass.
Did you know that 95% of the vitamins and enzymes our bodies need are found in the juice of raw fruits and vegetables? When you drink juice, highly concentrated vitamins, minerals, and enzymes rapidly enter the bloodstream absorbing all of the nutritional benefits of the fruits and vegetables which gives your digestive system a much-needed rest.
- 1 Large Pear (or apple if you prefer)
- 4 Brussels Sprouts
- 2 Pineapple Stalks
- 1 Carrot
- 1 Quarter-sized Slice of Ginger
- 1 Packed Cup of Spinach
- 1 Packed Cup of Kale
- Cut brussels sprouts in half and juice into your juicer's cup.
- Cut carrot into 2" pieces and juice into cup.
- Juice pineapple stalks.
- Quarter the pear and juice into the same cup.
- Place spinach, kale, and ginger in juicer and juice until complete.
- Drink, enjoy the flavor, and reap the health benefits from your full serving of fruits and vegetables.
Because of the added fruits in this Green Juice Detox Drink, it has a really fresh flavor that packs an amazingly healthy punch. Here are just a few of the health benefits from the other ingredients:
- Carrots are best known for their rich supply of the antioxidant nutrient, beta-carotene. However, these delicious root vegetables are also the source of a wide variety of antioxidants and other health-supporting nutrients.
- Brussels Sprouts are an excellent source of vitamin C and a very good source of manganese. Brussels sprouts also contain a wide variety of antioxidant phytonutrients, including many antioxidant flavonoids.
- Kale is quite possibly the world’s healthiest food. According to research, eating kale is beneficial for maintaining healthy skin, hair, and strong bones, as well as helping with digestion and lowering the risk for heart disease.
- Spinach has an extremely high nutritional value and is rich in antioxidants. It is a good source of Vitamins A, B2, C, and K. It also contains magnesium, manganese, folate, iron, calcium and potassium.
- Ginger provides us with many health benefits including, but not limited to, acting as an anti-inflammatory agent, it stimulates circulation, combats nausea, and reduces intestinal gas.
Since juicing and cleanup can be time consuming, we recommend you make this recipe in larger batches to store in the refrigerator so you can enjoy this refreshing and healthy drink every morning. We hope you enjoy this healthy recipe for Green Juice Detox Drink as much as we do, both for effectiveness and flavor. If you love this healthy recipe, you can find more like it by visiting our Recipe Index. Be sure to subscribe to our newsletter so that you never miss a single healthy recipe. Just by entering your email, you’ll receive a free recipe per day delivered right to your inbox. Enjoy!
Disclosure: The author of this article is not a trained medical professional, nor a dietician. All of the information in this post is based on research and personal experience.