From reducing appetite, boosting energy, digestive help, and more, Chia Seed Health Benefits can do magic to your body if added to your daily diet. These top five health benefits are easy to digest with our four favorite chia recipes!
As we all know, food trends tend to come and go – or they are seasonal trends only – but chia seeds are here to stay and that’s for good reason. The list of health benefits of chia seeds is seemingly endless. They add so much texture to so many different kinds of dishes making them so versatile that it’s easy to include them in your daily meals. A one-ounce serving of chia seeds contains 4 grams of protein, 11 grams of fiber, and 18% of your daily calcium needs, with only 137 calories and 1 gram of digestible carbs. So many healthy nutrients with very little harm to your waistline; who wouldn’t want to jump in on this trend?
5 Health Benefits of Chia Seeds:
- Loaded with Antioxidants – While the benefits of antioxidant supplements can be debated, researchers agree that getting antioxidants from foods have positive health effects on our bodies. Chia seeds are loaded with antioxidants!
- Boost Weight Loss Routine – Foods that are high in fiber, like chia seeds, help people to feel full for longer, and they are usually lower in calories. Increased fiber intake and a high fiber diet have been shown to help boost a healthy weight loss routine.
- Digestion and Detox – A diet with adequate fiber prevents constipation and promotes regularity for a healthy digestive tract. This is crucial for the daily excretion of toxins.
- Prevent Premature Skin Aging – Chia seeds are an antioxidant powerhouse. Antioxidants speed up the skin’s repair systems and prevent further damage. Regularly eating chia seeds can prevent premature skin aging due to inflammation and free radical damage.
- Fight Depression and Improve Sleep – Omega-3 has a wide range of benefits from fighting depression, to improving sleep, to reducing the risk of heart disease. Over half of chia seed’s fat is omega-3, making it an excellent choice for a healthy diet.
Up your intake of chia seeds with our favorite recipes:
- You’re going to love this thick and creamy Strawberry Chia Seed Pudding recipe. Layered with homemade strawberry sauce, this is an easy and delicious gluten-free dessert.
- A super easy overnight chia pudding made with almond milk and cocoa powder then topped with shredded coconut, granola, and dried cranberries. This Overnight Chocolate Chia Pudding is the perfect make-ahead breakfast.
- This Overnight Oats Chia Pudding with Berries recipe is perfect for the back-to-school season. Gluten-free oats, chia seeds, almond milk, and mixed berries are prepared the night before for a fulfilling breakfast without any fuss!
We hope you find this information about the health benefits of chia seeds useful in your every day life. If you enjoyed this article, be sure to visit our Healthy Food Tips section for more like it. For daily recipe inspiration, subscribe to our newsletter, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Pinterest and Instagram. Enjoy!
Disclosure: The author of this article is not a trained medical professional, nor a dietician. All of the information in this post is based on research, doctor recommendations, and personal experience.