You need to learn these 5 Hidden Health Benefits of Lemons. Number three may surprise you and be life changing for you!
There are many health benefits of lemons that people have been enjoying for centuries, but there are many hidden benefits that you may now know about. Number three could be life changing in your world!
5 Hidden Health Benefits of Lemons
- Alkalize Your Body: Lemons are acidic and are alkaline-forming on body fluids helping to restore balance to the body’s pH.
- Boost Weight Loss: Drink lemon juice mixed with lukewarm water and honey. It can help reduce body weight. Lemons are made up with pectin which acts as a soluble fiber in our bodies. Pectin promotes digestion, and can actually help us lose weight.
- Abandon Your Anxiety – Research has shown that lemon balm has a calming effect, therefore may be able to help reduce fatigue, exhaustion, dizziness, anxiety, nervousness, and tension.
- Boost Your Immune System: Lemons are rich in Vitamin C and flavonoids that work against illnesses like colds and flus.
- Destroy Bacteria: Lemons have beneficial antibacterial properties. Experiments have shown that the juice of lemons destroys the bacteria of malaria, cholera, diphtheria, typhoid, and other deadly diseases.
Recipes using lemons that you’ll love!
- Give your favorite, thirst-quenching drink a makeover when you make this unique and refreshing Lavender Lemonade. With just four ingredients and 10 minutes of your time, you can have this amazing lavender-infused drink!
- Learn how to make this refreshing and delicious Homemade Blueberry Lemonade with fresh blueberries and lemons. Making the blueberry simple syrup is ridiculously easy and it takes your favorite lemonade recipe to a whole new level!
- This Mixed Berry Lemonade Sparkler Mocktail is made with fresh berries, edible flowers, and the new Dasani Sparkling Raspberry Lemonade. Surprisingly simple to make, it’s a beautiful drink that tastes delicious!
We hope you find this information about The 5 Hidden Health Benefits of Lemons useful in your quest for a happier, healthier you. If you enjoyed this article, be sure to visit our Healthy Food Tips section for more like it. Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter so that you never miss a single healthy recipe. For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook, follow us on Pinterest, and stop by our Google+ Community to see all of the amazing recipes our community members are sharing. Enjoy!
Disclosure: The author of this article is not a trained medical professional, nor a dietician. All of the information in this post is based on research and personal experience.