You need these Wonton Veggie Rice Bowls on your weeknight dinner rotation. This 15-minute meal, aka power bowls, is a cheap healthy meal that delivers all the nutrients you need with whole grains, veggies, a protein, and sauce for added flavor.
These Wonton Veggie Rice Bowls are the perfect solution when you’re looking for a cheap healthy meal that can be on the table in a very short amount of time. A well rounded, versatile recipe that’s perfect for busy weeknights or those days that you’re craving a satisfying lunch, but don’t want to pay high restaurant prices. These power bowls can be made with any combination of veggies, whole grains, proteins, and sauces. This particular rice bowl is a combination of chicken and vegetable wontons, brown rice, broccoli, and carrots, with an Asian-inspired sauce. As beautiful and delicious as this dish is, it’s truly hard to believe that this is a 15-minute meal!
Recipe attribution to Jazzmine from Dash of Jazz
- 1 cucumber sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup matchstick carrots
- Olive oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/3 tsp powdered ginger
- Black pepper, to taste
- 10 bibigo mini chicken & vegetable wontons
- 1 cup brown rice, cooked
- Black sesame seeds optional
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Add vinegar, cucumber slices, 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt, and crushed red pepper to a bowl and stir. Place in refrigerator.
- Add olive oil to a large skillet or saucepan over medium heat. Add carrots and broccoli and season with black pepper, remaining sea salt, ginger, and garlic powder. Stir to coat veggies evenly with spices and oil. Push to one side of pan.
- Add bibigo mini chicken & vegetable wontons to the other half of the pan and cook per package instructions (about 5 minutes). Stir the broccoli and carrots periodically to ensure even cooking. Veggies and wontons should be ready at the same time.
- Mix sauce ingredients and set aside.
- To assemble your rice bowl, add rice, sautéed veggies, bibigo mini chicken & vegetable wontons, and quick-pickled cucumbers to the bowl. Drizzle with a bit of dipping sauce and garnish with black sesame seeds if desired.
Home Chef Tip: Not a fan of broccoli? Try cauliflower instead!
Love this cheap healthy meal? Try these too!
- This Teriyaki Chicken Rice Bowl is the perfect weeknight dinner. Chicken thighs, rice, and a host of flavorful spices, topped with avocado and cucumber, this dish is reminiscent of sushi in a bowl.
- This Roasted Potato Kale Egg Bowl is a 30-minute meal that’s perfect for your weeknight dinner. A vegetarian dish with spiced potatoes topped with roasted veggies and a poached egg.
- Loaded with grilled veggie burgers, black beans, and all of your favorite taco fixings, this Protein-Packed Vegetarian Taco Salad is the perfect easy weeknight dinner.
We hope you enjoy these Wonton Veggie Rice Bowls from Dash of Jazz, as much as we do. If you love this recipe and you’re looking for more recipe inspiration, visit the bibigo site. For daily recipe inspiration, subscribe to our newsletter, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!
This post was part of a Collective Bias Campaign partnered with bibigo.#BibigoKoreanFlavor