You need to stay on trend with these top five Activated Charcoal Powder Uses designed to help detoxify everything from your digestive system to the water you drink every day.
Top 5 Activated Charcoal Powder Uses
If you follow popular health, beauty, and food trends online, then you have surely seen a multitude of uses for food-grade activated charcoal. Found in powder, liquid, or pill form; it has surprisingly wonderful benefits you need to explore more. To help, we’ve complied our top five Activated Charcoal Powder Uses to help you get started!
- Teeth Whitening – Whether you decide to purchase charcoal toothpaste or use loose powder charcoal, this is a great way to naturally whiten teeth and promote good oral health. It leaves teeth clean and reduces surface stains with continued use. A word of caution though, it can stain fabric and grout so be careful when brushing!
- Relieve Bloating + Gas – Studies show activated charcoal naturally binds to toxins within the body through a process called adsorption which are then eliminated through various natural processes. This makes it a great preventative for gas and bloating. Take 500 milligrams one hour prior to a gas-inducing meal with a full glass of water, followed by another full glass of water.
- Digestive Tract Detoxifying – Processed foods are full of additives and chemical ingredients which can cause a myriad of health concerns. Activated charcoal is an excellent way to routinely cleanse the digestive tract in order to support overall health and wellness. A word of caution though, it can’t distinguish between necessary and toxic substances so ingest at least 90 minutes prior to taking any medications. Also it is important to stay well hydrated when ingesting activated charcoal for any reason because it can cause constipation.
- Hair + Skin Health – Just like the inside of your body, activated charcoal can help eliminate toxins from your hair and skin. There are any number of manufactured beauty products available or you could try this DIY charcoal face mask instead.
- Water Purifier – Many of us have been using activated charcoal for years without really thinking about it! Popular home water filtration systems such as water pitchers and faucet attachments use activated charcoal to remove impurities. It’s important to follow the manufacturers directions and keep your filter current for maximum effectiveness.
We hope you love these top five Activated Charcoal Powder Uses as much as we do. For more tips, stop by our Healthy Tips section and for a fun way to use activate charcoal, be sure to check out this Mysterious Midnight Mango Margarita made with charcoal-infused tequila! For daily recipe inspiration, subscribe to our newsletter, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!
Disclosure: The author of this article is not a trained medical professional, nor a dietician. All of the information in this post is based on research, doctor recommendations, and personal experience.