A Healthy Snack Alternative: Baked Sweet Potato Chips
These Baked Southwest Chipotle Sweet Potato Chips are one of our favorite healthy snacking alternatives. We love snacking in between meals so keeping healthy snacks around is imperative. These Baked Sweet Potato Chips are simple to make, low in sodium, and the sweet and spicy flavor combination is amazing. Make these in large batches and store them in zipper bags to help with your snacking portion control.
Sweet potatoes are low in sodium, and very low in Saturated Fat and Cholesterol. They are also a good source of Dietary Fiber, Vitamin B6, and Potassium, as well as a good source of Vitamin A, Vitamin C, and Manganese.
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 3 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tbsp Mrs. Dash Southwest Chipotle Seasoning Blend
- Wash and scrub sweet potatoes, leaving skins on.
- Slice sweet potatoes into thin, round pieces.
- Toss the slices in a bowl with the avocado oil (you can use olive oil as well).
- Sprinkle both sides with Mrs. Dash seasoning.
- Place in a single layer on a cookie sheet.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 325º for about 30 minutes (you might need to bake them longer, just watch for crispness and remove the chips that are done before baking longer).
- Eat immediately or store in zipper bags for up to one week.
We hope you love these Baked Sweet Potato Chips as much as we do! They’re simple to make, delicious, and a healthy snack alternative your whole family will enjoy. If you love this recipe, be sure to subscribe to our newsletter so that you never miss a single healthy recipe. For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook, follow us on Pinterest, and stop by our Google+ Community to see all of the amazing recipes our community members are sharing. Enjoy!