Get this five-star, easy-to-follow Homemade Black Pepper Potato Chips Recipe! You will never buy store-bought potato chips again.
It’s summertime and we’re always on the go. Sometimes we just crave snacks to fuel us through our busy days. Something satisfying with a little bite without a lot of extra fats and calories. If this sounds like you, try making your very own Homemade Black Pepper Potato Chips. They are easy to make, you can add any flavor you like, and they are very economical to your pocketbook. We like using black pepper versus salt because it adds just the right amount of spice we like and it leaves us with a delicious low sodium snack. If you prefer a sweeter flavor, you can always use sweet potatoes to make Baked Sweet Potato Chips instead using this same recipe.
It’s easiest to use a mandolin to cut your potatoes, but if you do not have one, simply slice them very thin with a sharp knife. Once they are sliced, you will place them in a container with ice water for about 5 minutes. This will pull out some of the starch. Pat dry, place in a zip lock bag with two tablespoons of olive oil, and shake. Next, add two tablespoons of black pepper and shake again. Place them in a single layer on your cookie sheet, and they’re ready to bake. You will love how easy this recipe is!
- 2 Large Potatoes
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Crushed Black Pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400º.
- Cut your potatoes with a mandolin for very thin slices.
- Place sliced potatoes in ice cold water for 5 minutes.
- Pat dry.
- Add 2 tablespoons olive oil into a large plastic zipper bag.
- Add potatoes into the bag with the olive oil mixture and shake.
- Sprinkle the black pepper into the bag, seal and shake.
- Place potatoes in a single layer onto a cookie sheet.
- Bake on 1 side for about 15 minutes, until they begin to brown, then flip them over and bake until baked to a golden brown color, approximately 15 minutes.*
We hope you enjoy this healthy Homemade Baked Potato Chips recipe as much as we do. If you loved this super snack, be sure to subscribe to our newsletter so that you never miss a single recipe. For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook, follow us on Pinterest, and stop by our Google+ Community to see all of the amazing recipes our community members are sharing. Enjoy!