The hardest part about making these super simple Spicy Quick Pickles is the 48-hour wait to take in their zesty goodness. Place pickling cucumbers into a jar, add in awesome thai peppers and spices, then cover with an easy vinegar brine, and let your refrigerator do the rest of the magic!
Crisp, spicy pickles made simply and economically right in your own kitchen, these Homemade Spicy Quick Pickles are sure to become a staple in your house. Not only are these quick pickles delicious, they’re way lower in sodium than store-bought varieties and other recipes you’ll see floating around the internet. Since this recipe is so quick and simple, there’s no need to make a huge batch to store. You can have everything ready for the refrigerator in about 30 minutes and the hardest part is truly the 24 to 48 hour wait until you can taste the magic!
Super Simple Homemade Spicy Quick Pickles
Fresh, halved pickling peppers are added to a jar (use a mason jar or washed and sterilized empty pickle jar), then fiery whole thai peppers are added to the jar for a spicy kick, top with some no salt spices, cover with a heated low salt brine, cover and place them in the refrigerator for 24 or 48 hours, and that’s it! Delicious, homemade pickles without a lot of time, money, or fuss. It doesn’t get much better than this! Perfect with your favorite sandwich or as a fresh and tasty snack, you’re going to want to keep a jar (or two or three) of these spicy quick pickles in the refrigerator at all times!
- 6 pickling cucumbers, halved
- 5-10 fresh thai chili peppers, whole
- 2 cups white vinegar
- 4 cups water
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp dill seed
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tbsp canning salt (you do not want to use table salt)
- Sterilize 2-24 ounce jars and dry completely.
- Wash pickling cucumbers and cut in half. You might have to cut them down depending on the size of your jar. Place cucumber halves in your jars, packing tightly.
- Add desired number of thai peppers into jars and set aside.
- In a saucepan, combine water, vinegar, sugar, garlic, salt, and spices, and bring to a boil. Remove from heat.
- Once cooled slightly, pour brine with spices over the cucumbers in the jar. Close tightly.
- Place jars in refrigerator and wait 24-48 hours (or longer, the longer you can wait, the better), then open and enjoy!
If you love this simple recipe for DIY Spicy Quick Pickles, you can find more like it by visiting our Canning Section. Be sure to subscribe to our newsletter so that you never miss a single recipe. For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook and find us on Pinterest. Enjoy!