A Lower Sodium Toasted Snack Mix for Your On-the-Go Lifestyle
If you’re anything like us and you’re always on the go as the weather gets warmer, it’s likely that you carry snacks around with you in case you or the kids get hungry. We love having a delicious toasted snack mix on hand because of the variety these types of snacks have to offer, but we like to limit the sodium content as much as possible. This toasted snack mix is not an official “low sodium” recipe, but it is way lower in sodium than the traditional recipes you’ll find and significantly lower in sodium than the snack mixes you’d buy at your local retailer. If you’re looking for a snack mix to help curb your hunger while you’re out and about, you’ll definitely want to try this recipe!
All of your kids’ favorite snacks mixed together make this a flavorful treat that they’re sure to enjoy. Gold Fish, Chex Cereal, pretzels, and peanuts are covered in a lower sodium marinade and baked to perfection in mere minutes.
- 3 cups Pepperidge Farm Goldfish Crackers
- 3 cups Chex Cereal
- 2 cups unsalted peanuts
- 2 cups unsalted pretzels
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 4 tbsp low sodium Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp Mrs. Dash Garlic & Herb seasoning
- In a large mixing bowl, combine Goldfish, Chex, peanuts, and pretzels.
- Melt the butter on the stove and mix in the Worcestershire sauce and seasonings.
- Pour the butter mixture over the snack mix and stir until everything is covered.
- Preheat your oven to 400º.
- Place marinated snack mixture in a large glass baking dish.
- Bake at 400º for 10 minutes, stir the mixture in the pan, then bake for an additional 5 minutes.
Store your toasted snack mix in a large air-tight container or zipper bags for freshness.We hope you enjoy this simple and delicious snack mix as much as we do. If you love this easy recipe, be sure to subscribe to our newsletter so that you never miss a single recipe. For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook, follow us on Pinterest, and stop by our Google+ Community to see all of the amazing recipes our community members are sharing. Enjoy!