You need to serve this high protein Crock Pot Vegetarian Bean and Cheese Dip at your next football party. Hearty and flavorful, this simple dip is spicy and pairs perfectly with gluten-free tortilla chips for a party appetizer that’s sure to score a touchdown.
This no-fuss recipe for Crock Pot Vegetarian Bean and Cheese Dip is the perfect healthy snack to serve up at your next football party. It’s high in protein with a spicy kick that will satisfy all of your party goers. Using a combination of canned and fresh vegetables, this hearty bean and cheese dip is simple to whip up and simmer in the slow cooker to blend the flavors. Leave it in the Crock Pot on low when your party guests arrive so they’ll always have a nice hot and healthy appetizer to turn to when hunger strikes. This dip pairs perfectly with gluten-free tortilla chips making it a safe option for party guests with food allergies. Feel free to double up this recipe because the leftover dip (if there is any) makes great burritos, tacos, and a high-protein addition to taco salads.
- 2 cans no salt added pinto beans, blended
- 1 jalapeño, gutted and diced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1-8 oz can no salt added tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Drain beans and mix in a blender or food processor to paste consistency.
- Place beans in Crock Pot.
- Mix in tomato sauce, spices, and cheese.
- Dice vegetables and add to bean mixture and stir.
- Simmer in Crock Pot on high for 1 hour or low for 2 hours.
- Serve warm with corn tortilla chips.
We hope you love this simple recipe for Crock Pot Vegetarian Bean and Cheese Dip as much as we do. If you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to stop by our Appetizer section so that you’re always ready for game day. For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook, follow us on Pinterest, and stop by our Google+ Community to see all of the amazing recipes our community members are sharing. Enjoy!