Homemade Baked Low Fat Potato chips
This is what I reach for when in need of a baked, low fat, salty snack. Reaching for the first available snack that was bought in a store can be a disaster. I try to make homemade low-fat baked potato chips at least once a week to have on hand for my family.
By simply using a handy gadget in your kitchen, like a mandolin, you can cut your potatoes really thin then place them in ice cold water to pull out some of the starch for about five minutes. You can use whatever spices you like, but I like to keep things simple with sea salt and pepper. My kids grew up eating these and loved them and they are so much better for you than store-bought varieties.
Once seasoned, they are ready to be placed in your oven at around 400 degrees. I salt and pepper both sides after I have dried them off. These chips taste best when eaten right out of the oven although you can store them for later in an air-tight bag or container.
- Cooking Spray
- Crushed Black Pepper
- Sea Salt
- Pre Heat oven to 400 Degrees
- Cut your potatoes with a mandolin for very thin slices.
- Place in ice cold water for five minutes
- Pat Dry
- Spray your potatoes
- Sprinkle with your black pepper and sea salt on both sides
- Spray your cookie sheet add potatoes in a single layer
- Turn potatoes as they brown
- Once they reach a good color take out and eat!