Have a craving for hummus, but you don’t have any tahini? Never fear because this recipe for Hummus without Tahini delivers the best spicy hummus we’ve ever tasted without the grit or grease of traditional hummus recipes.
If you have a hankering for homemade hummus, but you don’t have any tahini on hand and you can’t find any at your local grocer, never fear because we’re here to tell you that this recipe for Spicy Hummus without Tahini is simply the best hummus we’ve ever tasted. This recipe delivers a delicious creamy and spicy hummus dip without the grit and grease of traditional hummus recipes. You can turn the heat up or down to suit your tastes and serve it up with tortilla chips, pita chips, or your favorite vegetables. It literally only takes minutes to put together and it’s sure to be a hit on the game day or holiday party table. Once you taste this hummus, you’ll wonder why you ever bothered using tahini in the first place. It really is simply the best hummus you’ll ever taste!
- 2-15 oz cans lower sodium garbonzo beans (chickpeas), drained and rinsed
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp avocado oil (or extra virgin olive oil)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes (more or less to taste)
- 10 dashes hot sauce (more or less to taste)
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ tsp paprika, optional for serving
- 1 fresh sprig cilantro, optional for serving
- Add all ingredients into a food processor or blender and mix to desired consistency.
- Transfer to a serving bowl, sprinkle with paprika, and serve with tortilla chips, pita chips, or vegetables.
We hope you love this simple recipe for Lower Sodium Hummus without Tahini as much as we do. If you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to stop by our Appetizer section so that you’re always ready for game day and holiday parties. For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook, follow us on Pinterest, and stop by our Google+ Community to see all of the amazing recipes our community members are sharing. Enjoy!