Pomegranate seeds aren’t just for beautifying your seasonal dishes. They have some remarkable health benefits too. Did you know they can help fight cancer and boost memory? Learn about the magic of the pomegranate and enjoy these 4 pomegranate recipes!
What are the health benefits of pomegranate seeds?
The health benefits of the pomegranate, or more specifically the pomegranate seeds, are powerful and many. From skin health, to disease prevention, to digestive help, and more, this bright, red fruit isn’t just for beautifying your holiday dishes, drinks, and desserts anymore!
- Reduce Inflammation and Fight Free Radicals: Pomegranate seeds get their bright, red coloring from polyphenols which are powerful antioxidants. The antioxidants in pomegranate juice can help reduce inflammation, remove free radicals from our bodies, and protect cells from damage.
- Improve Bone Health: Studies have shown that pomegranate consumption does have a preventative effect on bone loss in mice, but these results have not yet been replicated in human trials.
- Improve the Level of Oxygen in Your Body: Pomegranate helps to pump the level of oxygen in our blood. Due to its antioxidant properties, the pomegranate fights free radicals, reduces cholesterol, and prevents blood clots. All of this combined helps our blood flow freely, providing more oxygen to your body.
- Reduce the Risk of Cancer and Other Chronic Diseases: Pomegranate has anti-inflammatory effects that may protect against cancer and other chronic diseases.
- Aids in Weight Loss: This super fruit is high in fiber and low in calories, which means it keeps you fuller for longer. If you’re trying to lose weight, include a cup of pomegranate seeds or juice in your diet every day.
Our 4 favorite pomegranate recipes:
Now that you know how truly healthy this vibrant, red fruit and its juice and seeds are for you, here are some delightful recipes you’ll want to try!
Looking for a 30-minute side dish easy enough for a weeknight meal, yet fancy enough for entertaining guests? This Pomegranate Roasted Brussels Sprouts recipe is the seasonal side dish you need! Sweet and tart, this simple side dish will enhance any meal!
If you’re trying to eat healthier, but you’re unwilling to give up your sweets, this recipe for Avocado Pomegranate Brownies is for you! Made with good-for-you ingredients, these brownies are so decadent, you’ll be certain you’re cheating on your diet!
You will love this gluten-free, vegetarian Roasted Beet Pomegranate Salad with Tangy Orange Vinaigrette. This bowl of goodness definitely fits the bill as your new favorite nutrient-packed lunch or dinner.
The weather is cold and pomegranates are in season. Let’s celebrate with these Pomegranate Mini No-Bake Cheesecakes! This simple mini dessert recipe only takes 15 minutes to prepare so it’s perfect for entertaining.
We hope you love these Pomegranate Recipes as much as we do and that you’ll enjoy reaping the health benefits of this super fruit daily while it’s in season. If you love these recipes, visit our other pomegranate recipes for more like them. For daily recipe inspiration, subscribe to our newsletter, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!
Disclosure: The author of this article is not a trained medical professional, nor a dietician. All of the information in this post is based on research, doctor recommendations, and personal experience.