The weather is cold and pomegranates are in season. Let’s celebrate with these Pomegranate Mini No-Bake Cheesecakes! This simple mini dessert recipe only takes 15 minutes to prepare so it’s perfect for entertaining.
Pomegranate Mini No-Bake Cheesecakes
One of my favorite ways to celebrate winter is by enjoying winter produce. I know that seems odd, but there are a handful of fresh items in the winter, and pomegranates are one of them. Their season is kind of short, so I feel it’s important to make it count. So why not make pomegranates the gorgeous garnish of these mini cheesecakes?! They’re bright, juicy, and make these mini desserts extra special.
The other cool thing about this simple dessert recipe is that the cheesecake is no-bake. It literally only takes about 15 minutes to prepare these small bites that are perfect for entertaining. You’ll need to decide if you’re going to keep all of them for yourself, or maybe share with friends and family.
I can certainly see how keeping all of them for yourself would help you make it through these winter months. In the Midwest, most of us are not fans of these first few months of the year because it’s cold, windy, snowy, and it seems like nice weather is never going to show up again.
These mini desserts have a cream cheese, yogurt, and vanilla filling topping a vanilla wafer, oat, and butter crust that will keep you happy no matter what the weather is doing or what time of year it is.
- 10 vanilla wafer cookies
- ½ cup rolled old-fashioned oats
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2-8 oz blocks cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Zest of 1 medium lemon
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds (from 1 medium pomegranate)
- 2 tbsp fresh mint leaves (optional)
- Place cookies and oats in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until crumbs form.
- Add the melted butter and pulse a few more times, until incorporated.
- Scoop two tablespoons of crust into mini dessert glasses.
- Press down with the back of a spoon so each crust is an even layer.
- Place softened cream cheese in a medium mixing bowl.
- Use a hand mixer to whisk the cream cheese until fluffy.
- While beating on low, add Greek yogurt, sugar, vanilla extract, and lemon zest until smooth and incorporated.
- Transfer mixture to a piping bag and pipe filling into each dessert cup.
- Refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
- Top each with pomegranate seeds and fresh mint leaves (optional).
- Serve immediately.
Home Chef Tip: To create your own piping bag, simply fill a zipper bag with the cheesecake filling, and use scissors to snip one corner of the bag. Push the filling down through the snipped corner to pipe into dessert cups. Once empty, your 'piping bag' can be throw away!
We hope you love this Pomegranate Mini No-Bake Cheesecakes recipe from SoFabFood Home Chef, Julie from The Gourmet RD, as much as we do. If you love this 15 minute dessert, be sure to visit our Dessert section for more like it. For daily recipe inspiration, subscribe to our newsletter, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!