A high-fat food that’s good for your health? Enjoy the many health benefits of eating almonds daily! From lowering bad cholesterol, to helping oxygen and nutrients flow more freely through the blood, to bone health, this magical nut needs to be in your diet!
If there was ever a near-perfect food, almonds are definitely on the list. They are full of fiber, healthy fats, and antioxidants. They also contain other necessary vitamins and minerals like vitamin E and magnesium which help lower cholesterol, improve heart health, and aid in bone health. Eating almonds provides your body with numerous health benefits including helping to maintain a healthy weight and helping to regulate blood sugar.
Eat almonds and reap these health benefits:
- Maintain Healthy Weight – Eating foods like almonds that are high in fiber help keep our digestive systems healthy. They satisfy hunger and can help with weight loss. In addition to being high in fiber, almonds average 6 grams of protein per ounce (approximately 23 almonds) of nuts. Making snacks like these Sweet Salty Energy Bites perfect for busy days when you need a healthy boost.
- Regulate Blood Sugar – Almonds are very high in magnesium – which has been shown to help regulate blood sugar. Eating foods that regulate blood sugar is good for people with type 2 diabetes and insulin sensitivities.
- Reduce Hypertension – Another benefit to eating almonds is lowered blood pressure. Studies show many of the minerals and antioxidants found in almonds, like magnesium, significantly reduce high blood pressure.
- Natural Source of Vitamin E – Almonds are among the world’s best sources of vitamin E, with just one ounce providing as much as 37% of an adult’s recommended daily intake. Several studies have linked higher vitamin E intake with lower rates of heart disease, cancer, and Alzheimer’s disease
- Control Cholesterol Levels – Studies have shown that eating almonds helps lower LDL or “bad” cholesterol. Fiber, flavonoids, and, unsaturated fats — all components in almonds – possess lipid-lowering properties.
We hope you find this information about the numerous Health Benefits of Eating Almonds useful in your quest for a happier, healthier you. If you enjoyed this article, be sure to visit our Healthy Food Tips section for more like it. For daily recipe inspiration, subscribe to our newsletter, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!
Disclosure: The author of this article is not a trained medical professional, nor a dietician. All of the information in this post is based on research and personal experience.