You will love this gluten-free, vegetarian Roasted Beet Pomegranate Salad with Tangy Orange Vinaigrette. This bowl of goodness definitely fits the bill as your new favorite lunch or dinner.
Hey SoFabFood readers! I’m Megan – lover of all things healthy and delicious, girl with a lot of food intolerances, and the blogger behind A Dash of Megnut, a food blog that focuses on gluten-free and other allergy-friendly recipes. Today I’m so happy to share with you one of my favorite healthy salad recipes. This Roasted Beet Pomegranate Salad with Tangy Orange Vinaigrette is sure to become one of your new favorites too!
Every spring, I find that I’m in need of a bit of a recharge. After all of the heavy meals around the holidays and overflowing tins of cookies, something light and healthy is exactly what I need to get a head start on warmer weather. This gluten-free, vegetarian Roasted Beet Pomegranate Salad with Orange Vinaigrette definitely fits the bill.
Roasted Beet Pomegranate Salad
- 4 medium red or orange beets, chopped (about 2 cups chopped beets)
- 1 tbsp olive oil or avocado oil
- Pinch of salt
- 6 cups kale
- 1/4 cup pomegranate arils
- 1/4 cup salted and roasted pistachios
- 2 mandarin oranges, peeled and cut into segments
- 5 oz goat cheese, sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- 1 tbsp ground mustard
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 1/4 cup avocado oil or olive oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Toss beets with tablespoon of oil. Place on baking sheet in a single layer. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt. Roast at 375ºF for about 30 minutes, until beets can be easily pierced with a fork and they are slightly brown. Set aside to cool.
- To make the salad, combine kale, pomegranate arils, pistachios, orange segments, goat cheese, and sliced avocado. Add cooled roasted beets.
- To make the dressing, whisk together apple cider vinegar, orange juice, orange zest, mustard, oil, honey, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper in a bowl until combined thoroughly.
- Pour dressing over the salad and toss to coat. Serves 4 as a main meal or 8 as a starter.
Home Chef Tip: You can mix the salad dressing in a mason jar by adding all of the ingredients, closing with the lid, and shaking the jar until combined. This way, any leftovers are already in a storage container!
We hope you enjoy this Roasted Beet Pomegranate Salad with Tangy Orange Vinaigrette from SoFabFood Contributor, Megan from A Dash of Megnut, as much as we do. If you love this recipe, you can find more like it by visiting our Salad Section. For daily recipe inspiration, subscribe to our newsletter, like us on Facebook and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!