Learn how to make the BEST Heart Healthy Pan Seared Blackened Salmon in about 15 minutes. Protein packed and low in sodium, this healthy recipe with a spicy kick is a real winner!
Fish is such a great source of protein so we try new recipes often using different types of seafood. This recipe for Pan Seared Blackened Salmon is one of our favorites because you can serve it with whatever sides you’d like, it has the perfect amount of spice with a kick, and it can be ready in about 15 minutes. Heart healthy, packed with protein, and full of flavor, this is definitely one recipe you’ll want to try!
This recipe delivers a flavorful salmon fillet that’s crisp and spicy on the outside while remaining tender and flaky on the inside.
- 4 medium Salmon Fillets, skin on one side
- 1 tbsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Dry Mustard
- 1 tsp Cayenne Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Dried Cilantro
- Melt unsalted butter in the microwave.
- Mix all dry ingredients together on a flat plate.
- Wash and dry salmon fillets.
- Dredge salmon fillets in butter, then in spice mixture making sure to get an even coating.
- Pour remaining butter in a large, heavy duty skillet.
- Over medium-high heat, place salmon fillets skin side down in heated butter making sure that they don't over lap and cook until golden brown, about 4 minutes.
- Carefully flip fillets and cook on the other side for an additional 3-4 minutes until golden brown and cooked through.
- Remove from pan and serve with your favorite sides or over a bed of greens.
We hope you enjoy this recipe for Heart-Healthy Pan Seared Blackened Salmon as much as we do. If you love this simple and delicious 30-minute meal, find more like it by visiting our 30-Minute Meals section. For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook, follow us on Pinterest, and stop by our Google+ Community to see all of the amazing recipes our community members are sharing. Enjoy!