This Heart-Healthy Applewood Smoked Pork Tenderloin is covered in avocado oil, then rubbed generously with low sodium spices, and slowly smoked to perfection over applewood on a smoker or grill for a taste that will leave everyone begging for more!
Pork tenderloin is a good choice of meat for people following heart-healthy diets because it’s naturally low in sodium (only 48 mg of sodium in 3 ounces of tenderloin) and one of the most tender cuts of pork. You can easily cook your pork tenderloin in your slow cooker or in the oven, but if you love a good tenderloin and you need to watch your sodium intake, you’ll definitely want to try this indulgent recipe for Heart-Healthy Applewood Smoked Pork Tenderloin. A delicious tenderloin is covered in avocado oil, then rubbed generously with low sodium spices, and slowly smoked to perfection over applewood and charcoal on your smoker or grill for a taste that will thrill any crowd!
- 2 lb cut pork tenderloin
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 tbsp Mrs. Dash Tomato, Basil, and Garlic Seasoning Mix
- 2 tbsp Mrs. Dash Southwest Chipotle Seasoning Mix
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground red pepper
- 1 tsp onion powder
- Wash and pat the tenderloin dry, then set on a large sheet of heavy duty tin foil.
- Rub with the avocado oil for full coverage.
- Mix all seasonings together in a bowl to blend completely then rub the spice mixture generously on the tenderloin to cover completely.
- Wrap the spiced tenderloin in the tin foil and cook in your smoker at 200ºF for 4 hours over applewood. Alternatively, you can smoke the tenderloin on your grill over indirect heat at a constant temperature of 200ºF for 4 hours.
We hope you enjoy this recipe for Heart-Healthy Applewood Smoked Pork Tenderloin as much as we do. If you love this delicious meal idea, be sure to stop by our Outdoor Grilling Section to find more like it. For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook, follow us on Pinterest, and stop by our Google+ Community to see all of the amazing recipes our community members are sharing. Enjoy!