A Healthy 30-Minute Meal: Oven Fried Mahi Mahi
If you’re looking for a healthy dinner option, this recipe is perfect for you! Oven Fried Mahi Mahi is one of our favorite entrees because it’s such a healthy meal base, it’s extremely flavorful, and it’s so simple to make. Mahi Mahi has zero carbs, is low in fat and calories, and very high in protein, but when you fry your fish, it cancels out some of those health properties. That’s why we turn to this low sodium Oven Fried Mahi Mahi recipe that uses the oven to bake this tasty fillet. It tastes and looks just like it’s been fried so you can enjoy all of the flavor without all of the added fats. Ready in just about 30 minutes, we’re sure you’re going to love this recipe too!
You don’t need much to make this flavorful and healthy dish. You’ll need the Mahi Mahi fillets, some avocado or olive oil, bread crumbs, cooking spray, and your favorite no-salt seasoning.
Simply brush your fillets with a very light layer of avocado oil, then cover them in the bread crumb and seasoning mix, then place them in a greased baking pan in the freezer for about 5-10 minutes to allow the breading to set. Preheat your oven to 450ºF, remove them from the freezer, spray them with a tiny bit of cooking oil, then bake them for about 20 minutes.
Remove them from the oven and serve with salad, slaw, or any other side you love to pair with your fish dinners. This is a simple, delicious, and healthy meal your whole family will enjoy.
- 5- ½" thick Mahi Mahi Fillets
- 1½ cups bread crumbs (we use stale bread to make our own)
- ½ cup bread flour
- 2 tbsp Mrs. Dash Garlic & Herb Seasoning Mix
- ¼ cup Avocado or Extra Virgin Oil Oil
- Cooking Spray
- Wash the Mahi Mahi fillets and set aside.
- On a plate, mix the bread crumbs, flour, and seasoning mix together thoroughly.
- Brush the Mahi Mahi fillets with a very thin layer of avocado oil on all sides and dredge through the bread crumb mixture, patting for thorough coverage.
- Preheat oven to 450ºF.
- Place fillets on a non-stick baking pan and place in the freezer for 5-10 minutes to allow the breading to set.
- Remove the fillets from the freezer and lightly spray the tops with the cooking spray.
- Cook for 10 minutes on one side, then flip and lightly spray the other side with cooking spray, then cook for an additional 10 minutes.
We hope you enjoy this Oven Fried Mahi Mahi recipe as much as we do. If you love this heart-healthy meal, be sure to subscribe to our newsletter so you never miss a single recipe. For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook, follow us on Pinterest, and stop by our Google+ Community to see all of the amazing recipes our community members are sharing. Enjoy!