You need this Heart Healthy, Tex-Mex Mahi Mahi Tacos recipe in your life. Baked Mahi Mahi is seasoned to perfection and served up on a low carb tortilla, topped with fresh tomato, avocado, red onion, corn, and low-fat cheese.
Heart Healthy, Tex-Mex Mahi Mahi Tacos
Make dinner tonight special with these simple and flavorful Heart Healthy Mahi Mahi Tacos. There’s no need to go out to an expensive restaurant when you’re craving tasty fish tacos when they are so simple to make at home. The versatility of this recipe is one of its greatest appeals. You simply bake your Mahi Mahi with some avocado oil and a delicious blend of spices, then the rest is up to your starving crew because you can literally top these with whatever you’d like. If you’re into the sweet and spicy combination, chop up some mangos and pineapples and top with your favorite peach salsa. If you like California style tacos, have some cabbage or slaw on hand. If you’re more into Tex-Mex, serve them up with refried beans, corn, onions, tomatoes, avocados, and cheese. The flavor combinations are endless since Mahi Mahi is such a clean meat that blends beautifully with just about anything. Ready in about 30 minutes, this restaurant-style meal is sure to become a family favorite in no time at all!
- For Mahi Mahi:
- 2 lbs fresh Mahi Mahi (you can use any clean, white fish)
- 2 tbsp avocado oil (olive oil or coconut oil work well too)
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp Mrs. Dash Southwestern Blend
- Juice of 1 lime
- For the Tacos:
- Low carb soft tortillas
- Red onion, sliced or diced
- Tomato, diced
- 1 can refried beans, heated
- 1 can no salt added corn, drained and heated
- Avocado, diced
- Shredded low fat cheese
- Spray a non-stick baking dish with spray oil and place fish fillets in a single layer in the pan.
- Sprinkle fish fillets with avocado oil, then lime juice.
- Mix spices and sprinkle over fillets.
- In a 425ºF oven, bake Mahi Mahi for 25 minutes, remove from oven, and cut into chunks.
- Spread fish chunks on tortilla and top with the topping suggestions above or get creative to suit your tastebuds.
We hope you love this simple recipe for Heart Healthy, Tex-Mex Mahi Mahi Tacos as much as we do. If you enjoyed this simple recipe, be sure to subscribe to our newsletter so you never miss another one like it. For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook, follow us on Pinterest, and stop by our Google+ Community to see all of the amazing recipes our community members are sharing. Enjoy!