These Keto Salmon Lettuce Wraps are the perfect low-carb meal if you’re cooking for two, need a healthy appetizer for a party, or you’re just trying to lose weight. A 20-minute meal with Southwestern flavors that will definitely keep you satisfied!
Meal prep salmon when you’re cooking for two!
Salmon seems to be my latest ingredient trend. We had these Salmon Lettuce Wraps the same week as my Mediterranean Salmon White Bean Salad because they are both easy to meal prep. One big salmon filet (half the fish!) is usually six portions which is perfect when you want to make three separate meals when cooking for two. Frozen salmon will usually be pre-portioned. If I am buying fresh, I have the butcher/fish monger cut the portions for me.
Let’s discuss leftovers for a moment.
Some recipes are great reheated. Dishes like my 30-minute Tex-Mex Vegetable Soup is even tastier the next day. When you are cooking for two though, leftovers get really tiring. Instead of making one big recipe and portioning it out for the week. I would rather use the same ingredients to make different recipes. You spend less time in the kitchen and end up with more variety at meal times.
Tips for keeping this a low-carb meal:
Normally I like to add a ton of acid, like lime juice, to my Mexican-inspired recipes. Unfortunately citrus has carbs that add up and is a no-no on the Keto diet. Instead, I reached for my Homemade Taco Seasoning Mix – made with chili powder, cumin, and Mexican oregano – to flavor these Salmon Lettuce Wraps. You definitely need a little squeeze of lime juice to keep the avocado relish fresh and bright though!
While these Salmon Lettuce Wraps aren’t 100% carb-free, they most definitely are low carb and Keto-diet friendly, as well as delicious!
- 2 salmon filets (approximately 1/2 pound each)
- 2 tbsp mayonaise
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning mix
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 ripe avocados, pits removed and roughly chopped
- 1 small tomato, seeds removed and diced
- 1 small lime
- 1/2 small red onion, diced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
- Lettuce for wraps (butter lettuce, little gem, green leaf, and romaine work well)
- Cilantro for garnish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pat salmon dry with paper towel. Lightly coat salmon flesh with mayo, sprinkle generously with seasoning mix. Generously salt skin side of fish.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Place fish skin side down in skillet. Cook 4 minutes. Flip salmon, cook 3 minutes or until desired doneness. Remove from skillet, set aside on a plate to rest.
- In a large bowl toss together diced avocado, tomato, bell pepper, and onion. Squeeze lime over relish. Toss to combine.
- Use a fork to break apart salmon.
- Serve in lettuce wraps with avocado relish, garnish with cilantro.
Home Chef Tip: Salmon skin is edible but may be discarded if desired. Cooking salmon with the skin on helps keep the fish moist.
We hope you enjoy these healthy Salmon Lettuce Wraps from SoFabFood Home Chef, Loriann from Thyme for Cocktails. If you love this flavorful Keto diet inspired salad, be sure to visit our Salad Section for more like it. For daily recipe inspiration, subscribe to our newsletter, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!