Big Game Appetizer
We are gearing up for the Big Game and testing out this Big Game Appetizer, Spicy Hummus Dip. The big game calls for big appetizers and dips to snack on all day long. This spicy hummus dip recipe will lighten things up a bit on your snack table. The garbanzo beans will give your guests a punch of protein and the olive oil will add the good fats that are needed throughout the day. This dip pairs well with homemade wheat or gluten-free chips.
We love thinking about what Big Game Appetizer will be the hit of our party. Creating unique, low-calorie appetizers is always fun and challenging. This hummus dip is not too filling and truly hits the spot. Adding in a plate of fresh vegetables is also a great trick to get your guests eating healthier while still feeling fulfilled.
With the New Year here, everyone is gearing up to get healthy and commit to healthier eating. Give this hummus dip a try and place it on your Big Game Appetizer table. We’re sure you’ll love it as much as we do!
- 1 (14 ounce) can garbanzo beans
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 jalapeno
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper
- Add garbanzo beans, jalapeno, tahini, lemon juice, garlic, and red peppers in your food processor.
- Add some of the Olive oil into the mixture to get a good consistency.
- Start the food processor, use a wooden spoon to continue to push the mixture back down into the bowl.
- Refrigerate until the party begins.
Don’t forget to stop by our Recipe Section for more appetizer ideas for your next gathering. Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow along on Twitter for daily recipe inspiration. And to get truly inspired, you’ll want to check out our many food boards on Pinterest. Happy New Year!