7 Better-for-You Treats
As we welcome in 2015, most of us have resolved to eat healthier, but not many of us are willing to give up sweets. You can still enjoy your sweet treats in your quest for healthier eating, you just need to be a little wiser with your choices. Satisfy your sweet tooth and boost your energy with these 7 better-for-you treats recipes. You’d be surprised how healthy snacking really can be as long as you use your imagination!
- These Paleo Nut Energy Bars from Callie at Taste of Lizzy T’s are packed with nuts, dates, and a hint of cinnamon. As amazing as they look and taste, these energy bars are gluten free, grain free, sugar free, and dairy free yet they’re still slightly sweet from the cinnamon.
- These Healthy Thumbprint Cookies from Vanessa at Tried and True are so simple to make, you can even let the kids help. These cookies are vegan, low sodium, dairy free, and made with natural sweeteners. You won’t even feel guilty letting the little ones eat their creations with this recipe.
- If you’re looking for a simple recipe, this recipe for 3 Ingredient Healthy Cookies from Carissa at All in All is the one you’ll want to try. If you have a really picky eater, these cookies are a great way to hide vegetables. The sweetness of the banana does a great job of masking grated vegetables like carrots and zucchini.
- Looking for a no-bake recipe? Try these Chocolate Peanut Butter Energy Bites from Marisa at The Pennywise Mama. These little bites are packed with protein and energy and they are very low in sugar making them the ideal post-workout snack.
- Another way to hide vegetables in a treat is with these Healthy Zucchini Oat Nut Cookies from Marina at Mommy Snippets. By finely grating the zucchini, it will go undetected and you’ll be adding a vegetable into everyone’s daily diet by just giving them a treat!
- These Molasses Cookies from Callie at A Sweet Potato Pie are gluten free, grain free, and dairy free. This is a healthier version of a traditional cookie recipe.
- Finally, these Clean Eating Carrot Cake Bites from Sherri at Luv a Bargain are another no-bake recipe you’re sure to enjoy. These treats are full of oats, carrots, and raisins with enough sweetness to make them cake worthy. Because they’re bite sized, they’re are perfect for on-the-go snacking.
Eating healthier doesn’t mean you have to give up all of the things that you love. You just have to be a little more imaginative and use healthier ingredients instead of all of those heavy sugars and gluten. We hope you enjoyed these better-for-you treats recipes and if you’re looking for healthier meal options, be sure to check out our low sodium recipes to enjoy at your next family meal. Make sure you subscribe to our newsletter to get a healthy recipe per day delivered right to your inbox. Happy New Year!