Be the life of the party and satisfy everyone’s cravings when you serve this Vegetarian Chili Con Queso Dip. This meat-free alternative tastes just as good as, if not better than, traditional chili con queso dips!
Vegetarian Chili Con Queso + Homemade Vegetarian Chili
Don’t let the meat eaters have all of the fun at your next gathering. Satisfy all of your party guests when you set out this hearty, high protein Vegetarian Chili Con Queso Dip with some fresh tortilla chips for dipping. This recipes uses a homemade vegetarian chili and Velveeta® Cheese, but if you’re in a pinch for time, you can grab a can of vegetarian chili while you’re at the grocery store picking up the cheese and tortilla chips. This dip offers cheesy goodness with veggie crumbles, black beans, and salt-free seasonings all blended to perfection and served up piping hot for your family and friends to enjoy. Even the meat lovers in your group are going to love this delicious dip!
This Vegetarian Chili Con Queso is so hearty, it’s great served as a dip, drizzled on tacos or a plate of nachos, and you can make a mean cheese burrito with this as the filling topped with a delicious red sauce. Versatile and scrumptious, you’ll be turning to this recipe a lot for your summer entertaining!
- 1-16 oz block Velveeta Queso Blanco
- 1-15 oz can Hormel Vegetarian Chili (or you can make your own - recipe below)
- 12 Roma tomatoes
- 2 sweet peppers (you can use jalapeños if you want to heat things up)
- ½ medium onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 lb ground veggie crumbles
- 2 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- ½ tbsp red ground pepper
- 10 shakes hot sauce
- 1 tbsp red pepper flakes
- 1 can low sodium organic black beans
- Cut the cheese into cubes and toss into a medium-sized sauce pan.
- Pour the chili over the cheese cubes.
- Melt over medium-low heat, stirring regularly, until you have a nice cheesy dip consistency.
- Serve with tortilla chips or drizzle over your favorite Mexican dishes or baked potatoes.
- Brown the veggie crumbles.
- Chop onion, sweet peppers (de-seeded), and garlic cloves, and place in frying pan with crumbles. Cook until vegetables are tender. Set aside.
- Quarter 11 of the tomatoes and blend in a blender to sauce consistency. Pour into a large pan on your stovetop.
- Dice remaining tomato to add to tomato blend.
- Add spices and stir.
- Place crumble mixture in with tomato mixture, stir.
- Add beans, stir.
- Simmer over medium heat for 1 to 2 hours.
The quick version can be ready in 15 minutes in a pinch!
We hope you love this Vegetarian Chili Con Queso Dip recipe as much as we do. If you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to visit our Appetizer Section for more like it. Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter so that you never miss a single recipe, and for daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook, follow us on Pinterest, and stop by our Google+ Community to see all of the amazing recipes our community members are sharing. Enjoy!