Tender, Low Sodium Crock Pot Brisket
With the holidays behind us and a new year in front of us, we’re all looking for healthier recipes to enjoy. Sometimes it seems difficult to eat healthy meals because there seems to be more fuss and money involved in the preparation of these healthier meals. But that’s not totally true. It’s simple, affordable, and more delicious than you’d imagine to prepare this Low Sodium Brisket and Vegetables with the help of your Crock Pot. Brisket is a very flavorful cut of beef, but tends to be tough if it’s not cooked right. This recipe will delivery tender, cut-it-with-a-fork brisket every time!
- 2.5 to 3 lb brisket
- 1 pkg Mrs. Dash Pot Roast Seasoning Mix
- 1 cup water
- 2 stalks celery
- 8 – 10 small red potatoes
- 20 baby carrots
- 1 red onion
- Cut the brisket in half lengthwise so that it will fit in your Crock Pot.
- Quarter the potatoes and toss them on the meat.
- Toss in the baby carrots.
- Chop the onion and celery and place them on top.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix the seasoning packet with one cup of water and stir well, then pour in your Crock Pot.
- Cover and simmer on the low setting for 8-9 hours.
Although this low sodium brisket recipe does take a long time to cook, the prep time is extremely minimal. Do the prep the night before and turn the Crock Pot on in the morning before work and your healthy dinner packed with protein and vegetables will be waiting for you when you get home. Pair this one-pot meal with a slice of bread and a refreshing drink for a dish your family will request again and again.
We hope you enjoyed this low sodium brisket and vegetables recipes and we hope you are enjoying the new year. If you’d like more low sodium recipes to help you with your healthy eating habits, visit our Low Sodium Recipes section for a lot more like this. If you try this recipe, be sure to stop back by because we’ll be sharing a recipe for Low Sodium BBQ Shredded Brisket later in the week. It’s a great way to repurpose those leftovers. If you subscribe to our newsletter, that recipe will be delivered right to your inbox as soon as it’s published. Enjoy!