Crispy, lightly toasted French baguette, rubbed with garlic, and topped with the unique combo of goat cheese and caramelized berries. Are you drooling yet? This beautiful and simple Crostini with Goat Cheese and Honey Caramelized Berries is a sure fire hit at your next party!
Labor Day is around the corner. Have you planned out your menu yet? Whether you’re having a massive bash in your backyard or doing a small family gathering, I’ve got you covered with a vibrant and delicious appetizer that everyone will love.
Crostini with Goat Cheese and Honey Caramelized Berries
Labor Day is a holiday that symbolizes the wrap up of a grilling season and unofficial end of summer. Let’s add some color to the party and make these scrumptious Crostini with Goat Cheese and Honey Caramelized Berries. Savory and tangy goat cheese in combination with sweet caramelized strawberries and blueberries will awaken your tastebuds and will make you sink your teeth into one more piece of this easy and fast appetizer.
Crostini is a typical Italian appetizer. It is so versatile, you can top them with just about any ingredients you like. Take a toasted slice of baguette, rub it with flavorful garlic, smear it with a cheese of choice, and you’ve got a crowd-pleasing appetizer. No wonder it is so popular in so many restaurants.
Honey caramelization is the simple process that unwinds the sweetness of the berries and makes them a perfect addition to a savory appetizer that’s perfect for any occasion.
Before smearing the goat cheese, make sure it is at room temperature. That way it will be easier to work with. Choose a plain goat cheese or if you want some extra flavor kick, you can buy herbed goat cheese or Jalapeño goat cheese.
When buying a baguette, make sure it is nice and fresh. It tends to turn hard really fast and if you use a second day baguette, the crostini might not be chewable.
This Crostini with Goat Cheese and Honey Caramelized Berries is such a no-fuss recipe. Once you make it, this will become your favorite go-to appetizer for all of your gatherings.
- 12 slices (1/4-inch thick) French demi baguette
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3/4 cup fresh strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 3/4 cup frozen blueberries
- 3 oz goat cheese, at room temperature
- 1 large (2 medium) cloves garlic, peeled
- olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 450ºF.
- Place baguette slices on a baking sheet, lightly brush with olive oil. Sprinkle with some salt.
- Toast on a medium rack for 4-5 minutes until the edges become slightly brown. Don't overcook!
- Remove from the oven, let the baguette cool for 1 minute, and rub with garlic.
- Meanwhile, in a non-stick frying pan and on a medium heat, melt butter and honey.
- Add strawberries and blueberries and cook, stirring constantly for 3-4 minutes.
- Spread a layer of goat cheese on the baguette slices and top with 1-2 tablespoons of caramelized berries.
Home Chef Tip: You can skip honey and use sugar to caramelize berries. Melt 1 tablespoon of butter and add berries tossing the pan to fully coat them in butter. Sprinkle 3-4 tablespoons of brown sugar on top of berries. Give everything a nice stir and cook on a medium heat for 3-4 minutes until sugar dissolves.
We hope you love this Crostini with Goat Cheese and Honey Caramelized Berries from SoFabFood Contributor, Iryna from Lavender and Macarons, as much as we do. If you enjoyed this recipe and you’re trying to get ready for any upcoming parties you may be hosting or attending, be sure to stop by our Appetizer section for more amazing recipes. For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook, follow us on Pinterest, and stop by our Google+ Community to see all of the incredible recipes our community members are sharing. Enjoy!