Goat cheese, fresh jalapeños, garlic, and salsa make this Spicy Tex Mex Goat Cheese Queso recipe a delicious addition to any party table or Mexican feast.
This spicy, restaurant-style Tex Mex Goat Cheese Queso Dip Recipe is perfect for so many reasons. It’s simple to make, it has just the perfect amount of heat, it’s a huge hit at parties simply plated with tortilla chips, and it pairs perfectly with so many of our favorite Mexican dishes that we use this instead of traditional shredded cheese. Drizzle this Goat Cheese Queso over tacos, enchiladas, burritos, or whatever you’d like. It’s even great on a chili cheese dog or hamburger so it’s nice to have around during grilling season as well.
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 jalapeño pepper, diced
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1.5 tbsp flour
- ⅔ cup 2% milk
- 8 oz crumbled goat cheese
- ½ cup salsa
- Diced fresh tomatoes for garnish, optional
- In a medium sauce pan, melt butter over medium-low heat.
- Sauté diced jalapeño and garlic in butter until tender, about 3 minutes.
- Add the flour and stir, creating a roux, and heat until lightly golden, about 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and add the milk and stir until slightly thickened, about 3 minutes.
- Add the crumbled goat cheese and stir until entirely melted, less than 5 minutes.
- Serve warm and store leftovers in an air-tight container in the refrigerator.
This Restaurant-Style Goat Cheese Salsa Dip has a spicy and tangy flavor combination that you just can’t get with other types of cheese dip. Once you try this recipe, we’re certain you’ll be turning to it again and again!
We hope you enjoy this simple and flavorful Tex Mex Goat Cheese Queso Dip recipe as much as we do. If you love this recipe, be sure to subscribe to our newsletter so you never miss another one like it. For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook, follow us on Pinterest, and stop by our Google+ Community to see all of the amazing recipes our community members are sharing. Enjoy!