Go for the win when you tailgate with this spicy Garden Fresh Goat Cheese Queso Dip recipe. Goat cheese with tomatoes, jalapeños, garlic, and a few simple ingredients in 15 minutes!
Garden Fresh Goat Cheese Queso Dip for Tailgating
It’s not really a party until someone breaks out the queso dip. For your next tailgate with friends, whip up this quick, seven-ingredient Garden Fresh Goat Cheese Queso Dip that’s sure to impress a crowd. Serve topped with fresh jalapeño slices and diced tomatoes on a plate of tortillas for a tailgating appetizer that’s aesthetically appealing and delightfully delicious.
This spicy, restaurant-style Garden Fresh Goat Cheese Queso Dip Recipe is Tex-Mex perfection. It’s simple to make, it has just the perfect amount of heat, it’s a huge hit at parties, and it pairs perfectly with so many of our favorite Mexican dishes like tacos, enchiladas, burritos, or whatever you’d like. It’s heavenly on hot dogs and hamburgers too. It’s such a versatile dip recipe, what you are waiting for? Grab your farmers market produce, some crumbled goat cheese, and a few other pantry staples, and let’s get to cooking. The best part? Your new favorite dip will be ready in about 15 minutes!
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 jalapeño pepper, diced
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1.5 tbsp flour
- ⅔ cup 2% milk
- 8 oz crumbled goat cheese
- Diced fresh tomatoes for garnish, optional
- In a medium sauce pan, melt butter over medium-low heat.
- Sauté diced jalapeño, diced tomato, and garlic in butter until tender, about 2 minutes.
- Add the flour and stir, creating a roux, and heat until lightly golden, about 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and add the milk and stir until slightly thickened, about 3 minutes.
- Add the crumbled goat cheese and stir until entirely melted, about 4 minutes minutes.
- Top with a few diced tomatoes and jalapeños, optional.
- Serve warm with tortilla chips, on your favorite Mexican cuisine, or on burgers and hot dogs.
Home Chef Tip: Want to cut down prep time? Just use 1 cup of your favorite salsa in place of the fresh jalapeños, tomatoes, and garlic. You can also add the juice of one lime to the mix to add a citrus flavor.
If you love this recipe? Here are some more tailgating appetizers you need on your party table this year:
We hope you love this Garden Fresh Goat Cheese Queso Dip recipe as much as we do. If you enjoyed this recipe and you’re trying to get ready for any upcoming parties you may be hosting or attending, be sure to stop by our Appetizer section for more like this one. For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook and follow us on Pinterest and Instagram. Happy tailgating!