Unexpected guests show up? Whip up this Tex-Mex Goat Cheese Queso Dip! This 20-minute appetizer is a sure crowd pleaser for tailgating, family gatherings, or office potlucks.
A crowd-pleasing, 20-minute appetizer!
It’s not really a party until someone breaks out the queso dip. For your next tailgate party, family gathering, or office potluck whip up this quick, seven-ingredient Tex-Mex Goat Cheese Queso Dip that’s sure to impress any crowd. Serve topped with fresh jalapeño slices and diced tomatoes. Great with tortilla chips or fresh veggies!
How versatile is your goat cheese queso dip?
This spicy, 20-Minute Tex-Mex Goat Cheese Queso Dip Recipe is Tex-Mex perfection. It’s simple to make, it has just the perfect amount of heat, it’s a huge hit at parties, and it pairs perfectly with so many of our favorite Mexican dishes like tacos, enchiladas, burritos, or whatever you’d like. This simple dip is heavenly on hot dogs and hamburgers too. It’s such a versatile dip recipe, what you are waiting for? Grab your veggies, some crumbled goat cheese, and a few other pantry staples, and let’s get to cooking!
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 jalapeño pepper, diced
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1.5 tbsp flour
- ⅔ cup 2% milk
- 8 oz crumbled goat cheese
- Diced fresh tomatoes for garnish, optional
- Sliced jalapeño slices for garnish, optional
- In a medium sauce pan, melt butter over medium-low heat.
- Sauté diced jalapeño, diced tomato, and garlic in butter until tender, about 2 minutes.
- Add the flour and stir, creating a roux, and heat until lightly golden, about 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and add the milk and stir until slightly thickened, about 3 minutes.
- Add the crumbled goat cheese and stir until entirely melted, about 5 minutes minutes.
- Top with a few diced tomatoes and jalapeños, optional.
- Serve warm with tortilla chips, on your favorite Mexican cuisine, or on burgers and hot dogs.
Home Chef Tip: Want to cut down prep time? Just use 1 cup of your favorite salsa in place of the fresh jalapeños, tomatoes, and garlic. You can also add the juice of one lime to the mix to add a citrus flavor.
Love this recipe? Try these easy appetizers too!
We hope you love this Tex-Mex Goat Cheese Queso Dip as much as we do. If you enjoyed this simple recipe, be sure to stop by our Appetizer section for more like it. For daily recipe inspiration, subscribe to our newsletter, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!