Make the best appetizer at the party with this simple step-by-step recipe for Cheese Tuile with Avocado Pico de Gallo. Tuile (pronounced tweel) is a French word for a thin, crisp wafer made from dough or cheese!
Cheese! I don’t know about you, but cheese is pretty much the best food ever. If it were possible to include cheese in every meal, I totally would. Did you ever think you could eat a taco with a shell made from cheese? These Cheese Tuiles with Avocado Pico de Gallo are exactly that. Tiny little cheesy tacos, and they are so easy to make!
Now, I am sure you’re sitting there saying “What on Earth is a tuile?” Good question!
Tuile (sounds a lot like tweel) is a French word for a thin, crisp wafer made from dough or cheese! Literally, all it is, is cheese cooked in a skillet. That’s it. You just pinch a nice round chunk of cheese into a hot skillet and let it brown, then fold it over a wooden spoon and set it down to cool.
Stuff these delicious Cheese Tuiles with Avocado Pico de Gallo for the perfect appetizer! Just dice up equal parts tomato, onion, avocado, and cilantro, mix together, and done! Toss in some diced Serrano peppers if you like an extra kick of heat, but just a single pepper or two will be more than enough.
- 2 Cups Monterey Jack Cheese, shredded
- 1 Cup Diced Tomatoes
- 1 Cup Diced Red Onion
- 1 Cup Diced Avocado
- 1 Cup Diced Fresh Cilantro
- 1-2 Diced Serrano Peppers (optional)
- Lime, for garnish
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium high heat.
- Pinch a two inch round of cheese into the skillet and allow to melt down and bubble until thoroughly browned, around 1-2 minutes.
- Gently remove with a spatula and fold over a wooden spoon to achieve a taco shell shape.
- Set down on a paper towel to absorb the drippings and allow to cool completely, around 10-15 minutes.
- While the tuiles cool, add the tomatoes, onion, avocado, cilantro, and peppers to a large bowl and gently stir to combine.
- Gently stuff each tuile with the avocado pico and serve with lime wedges for garnish.
We hope you love this recipe for Cheese Tuile with Avocado Pico de Gallo by SoFabFood Contributor, Karly from A Simple Pantry, as much as we do. If you’re still looking for appetizers for your next big party, be sure to check out all of the other recipes in our appetizer section. For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook, follow us on Pinterest, and stop by our Google+ Community to see all of the amazing recipes our community members are sharing. Enjoy!