Are you ready for some football? This Touchdown Chili Cheese Dip recipe will make the crowd go wild! Layers of beans, chili, cheese, and more flavor-packed surprises will be a hit at your next tailgate party.
My name is Teri and I blog at Buy This Cook That; preparing and sharing delicious homemade recipes is what I love. Our favorite recipes are Southern classics with a twist, like this Touchdown Chili Cheese Dip recipe. Get ready to dig in to this fan-approved pan of flavor. Trust me, your family and friends will be begging for more of this awesome appetizer.
This is one of my favorite crowd-pleasing recipes. I am absolutely in love with the way it turned out. Every bite is amazing. Dip your chips or crackers into layers of chili and creamy, melted cheeses. Not going to lie, the cheeses are my favorite.
This is also so full of bright colors, it just pops. Everyone will be rushing to the tailgate to see what you have created. Load this Touchdown Chili Cheese Dip with your favorite toppings. For a little crunch, ice berg lettuce and green onions were the perfect touch. Fresh tomatoes and pickled jalapeños burst in your mouth with every bite.
Can you tell how excited I am about Football Season and Football Food?
Touchdown Chili Cheese Dip for your Tailgate Party
There is no doubt that this Touchdown Chili Cheese Dip will be in our starting line up all season. Here are some tips on how to make this work for your next party:
- Homegating: Bake this recipe up in a skillet like we did. Using cast iron helps keep the dip warm longer. Or, make up a double batch in your favorite 8×12 baking dish. Trust me, you will want a double batch.
- Tailgating: Make this in a disposable aluminum pan. Pop the dip in the oven the morning of the big game. Pack the veggies in zip plastic bags and toss them in the cooler. Sprinkle the toppings on right before serving.
- Road Trip: Have a long distance to travel? Assemble the layers of beans, salsa, cream cheese, chili, and cheddar. Cover with foil and pack it in the cooler. At the game, heat over a hot grill, checking it frequently to make sure it doesn’t burn. When warm, top with your stashed veggies and eat it up.
Go load up your game gear. Pack the cooler and paint your face. Make a big batch of this Touchdown Chili Cheese Dip. My friends, are you are ready to enjoy the game?
- 16 oz can refried beans
- 1 cup salsa
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 15 oz can chili
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup lettuce
- 1 tomato, diced
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup pickled jalapeños (tamed or hot to preference)
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- Tortilla chips for serving
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- With a spoon, spread the beans in the bottom of a large cast iron skillet, 8x8 disposable aluminum pan, or baking dish. Spread the salsa over the top.
- Cut the cream cheese into chunks, and sprinkle them evenly on top of the salsa. Pour the chili over the top. Cover all with the cheddar cheese.
- Place the skillet in the oven and bake for 45 minutes until the edges are bubbly and the cream cheese is melted through.
- Top with lettuce, tomato, green onions, jalapeños, and black olives.
- Serve warm with your favorite chips.
Home Chef Tip: Make this dip Tex-Mex style by swapping out the refried beans with black beans and add a can of drained, fiesta corn on top.
We hope you love this Touchdown Chili Cheese Dip recipe from SoFabFood Home Chef, Teri from Buy This, Cook That, as much as we do. If you love this delightful recipe, stop by our Appetizer Section to find more like it. For daily recipe inspiration, subscribe to our newsletter, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!