Make the holidays special this year by serving a Smoked Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin instead of traditional turkey or ham. This is the best holiday meal you’ll ever eat!
With the holiday season quickly approaching, we’re already thinking about all of the amazing food we’ll be enjoying throughout the next few months. Why serve turkey or ham at every holiday meal when there are so many other options out there? This year, wow your family and friends with a tender and flavorful Smoked Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin instead. Smoking a tenderloin is actually a lot simpler and less time intensive than cooking a stuffed turkey because you literally prepare it, wrap it in foil, put it on the grill or smoker, and leave it alone for four hours. That gives you plenty of time to fix your sides, relax, and just enjoy some time with loved ones while the meal cooks itself. This tenderloin pairs perfectly with potatoes, corn, rolls, and any of the traditional casseroles you enjoy.
All you need is a lean cut of pork tenderloin, bacon, some extra virgin olive oil, your favorite rub, and tin foil. Jalapeños optional if you enjoy the heat.
Cut your tenderloin in half, place it on a large piece of tin foil, and season it liberally on all sides with the rub.
Layer bacon in a weave pattern over your tenderloin and sprinkle with a tablespoon of olive oil on each half.
If you like to spice things up like we do, deseed a couple of jalapeños, cut them in half, and place them on top of the bacon. The flavor from the peppers will slowly seep into the meat as it cooks adding a new flavor dimension that the heat lovers will truly enjoy. Wrap it in the foil, place it in your smoker, and let the magic begin!
- 1-5 lb lean cut pork tenderloin
- 10-12 strips bacon
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 5 tbsp rub or seasoning of choice, more or less to taste
- 2 jalapenos, deseeded and cut in halves *optional*
- Heat charcoal in your smoker until the temperature is between 190-210ºF, then add hickory chips to the coals.
- Cut your tenderloin in half and place each on a large piece of tin foil.
- Rub each half with 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Cover both pieces liberally on all sides with your rub or spices of choice.
- Weave your bacon over the tenderloin.
- Place the sliced jalapeños on top (optional if you like the added heat).
- Sprinkle 1 tbsp olive oil over each cut of tenderloin and cover completely with the tinfoil.
- Smoke in the smoker for 4 hours at 190-210ºF, add wood chips to maintain temperature as needed.
If you do not own a smoker, you can smoke your tenderloin on a charcoal grill using indirect heat.
Tenderloin has a tendency to be a dry or tough meat if not prepared properly. But this tenderloin will never be dry and you can cut the meat with a fork. It’s that moist and tender. We hope you enjoy this recipe for Smoked Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin as much as we do. If you love this delicious meal idea, be sure to stop by our Outdoor Grilling Section to find more like it. For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook, follow us on Pinterest, and stop by our Google+ Community to see all of the amazing recipes our community members are sharing. Enjoy!