This unique recipe for Grilled Pineapple Chicken Bombs is exactly what you’ve been looking for if you need a one-of-a-kind dinner idea to impress the entire family. Chicken wrapped in bacon with a brilliant surprise inside!
Are you looking for a new meal that your family will classify as “the bomb?” Well, I’ve got something awesome in store for you. These Grilled Pineapple Chicken Bombs are just what your family has been looking for.
We love pineapple around here, so anytime I can make it a part of a delicious meal, I do. I got the idea for these Grilled Pineapple Chicken Bombs because I was in the mood for something tangy but sweet. Chicken always makes for the perfect meat to grill and I thought adding the pineapple would give it a nice twist.
I personally love anything that’s super easy to make and eat. You’ll have this recipe good to go in no time. And just like anything else “yummy” that I make in my kitchen, I have a hard time keeping the boys out of it. I can always take that as a compliment and know that at least they love my cooking.
If we were to classify this recipe in any way, I would also say that it’s extremely budget friendly. It’s that time of year that everyone is starting to watch their budgets, including us. I love being able to put a meal together for our family that is budget friendly but also “the bomb.”
Luckily, we live in Texas, so we can grill all year round. Although, I’ve seen some pictures of my northern Facebook friends “grilling” in the snow. I’m not sure if that’s a real thing, but if it is, more power to the snow grillers. We like our Texas weather and the fact that we can grill anytime we want. Plus, who could say no to something like these Grilled Pineapple Chicken Bombs?!
I’ve made these a few times now and every time, I always get the two thumbs up. You know, when you live in a house with all boys, sometimes you never know how they are going to take a new recipe that you make. So far, so good, and I’m glad. It’s nice to give my boys a big hearty meal and a full stomach.
How To Make Grilled Pineapple Chicken Bombs
- 1 package thin sliced chicken breast (approx 6 pieces)
- 1 fresh pineapple
- 2 tablespoons diced jalapeno peppers (pickled)
- 1 package of bacon
- 4 oz cream cheese (softened)
- ½ cup shredded cheese (your choice)
- ½ tablespoon cajun seasoning
- Approximately 1 cup of your favorite BBQ Sauce
- Remove chicken from package and season each piece with a sprinkle of cajun seasoning.
- After seasoning, place each piece separately in between two pieces of parchment or wax paper.
- Use a rolling pin to flatten chicken pieces until they are approximately ⅛ – ¼ inch in thickness then set aside.
- Core and slice the fresh pineapple into 1-inch pieces.
- Sprinkle with cajun seasoning.
- Grill fresh pineapple for 5 minutes on each side.
- In a small mixing bowl, add diced jalapeno, cream cheese, cajun seasoning and shredded cheese. Mix together well.
- After mixing cream cheese filling together well, add approximately 1 tablespoon of the cheese mixture along with ½ piece of fresh grilled pineapple on each flattened chicken breast.
- Roll chicken around cream cheese mixture and pineapple (as best you can).
- Wrap 2 pieces of bacon (1 at a time) tightly around the rolled chicken and tuck bacon into itself to seal it closed.
- Preheat grill to at least 300° and place chicken bombs on the grill to cook for approximately 25-30 minutes.
- Turn chicken bombs on the grill every 5 minutes to ensure it is cooking evenly.
- After 10 minutes of grilling time, baste with bbq sauce before turning.
- Just before the chicken bombs are done, baste one last time.
- Remove from grill and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Slice into ½-1 inch slices or just enjoy the whole chicken bomb for yourself!
We hope you enjoyed this recipe for Grilled Pineapple Chicken Bombs from SoFabFood Contributor, Kristi Reddell from Moms Confession, as much as we do. If you love this delicious meal idea, be sure to check out Kristi’s original Chicken Bombs and Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bombs with Shrimp, and stop by our Outdoor Grilling Section to find more like it. For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook, follow us on Pinterest, and stop by our Google+ Community to see all of the amazing recipes our community members are sharing. Enjoy!