Learn how to make this Heart-Healthy Grilled Onion Burger. If you love the deliciousness of the Grilled Lipton® Onion Burger, but you need to watch your sodium intake, you’re going to love this lower fat and lower sodium version of a classic favorite.
Everyone loves the delicious flavor of the classic grilled Lipton Onion Burger, and we’re no exception to the rule, but if you need to follow a low sodium diet, this recipe for a Heart-Healthy Grilled Onion Burger is the one you’ll want to try. It’s got all of the flavor, all of the protein, but a lot less fat and very low sodium. This simple grilled burger recipe is perfect for summer gatherings because everyone loves the flavor and you can feel confident knowing that you’re able to satisfy all of your guests, even those on a restricted diet.
We use 100% white meat turkey burger for this recipe because of its low fat content. You can easily use the standard turkey burger or ground beef and the burger would taste just as delicious. If you’re used to using white meat turkey burger, you know that it has a tendency to dry out, especially on the grill. With this simple Grilled Onion Burger recipe, you’re sure to get juicy and delicious grilled burgers every single time.
- 3 lbs ground white meat turkey
- 3 tbsp Lea & Perrins Reduced Sodium Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 pkg Mrs. Dash Onion Dip Mix
- Sliced cheese, optional
- Mix all ingredient thoroughly in a large mixing bowl.
- Patty the meat mixture into 6 even-sized patties.
- Heat charcoal or propane grill to medium heat.
- Place patties on grilling rack and grill until golden brown on the first side, about 5-6 minutes.
- Flip the burgers and grill until thoroughly cooked through with an internal temperature of 165º, another 5-6 minutes.
- If adding cheese, put the cheese on top of the burger for the last minute of grilling.
- Serve on a bun with your favorite topping and enjoy!
We hope you love this simple recipe for Heart-Healthy Grilled Onion Burgers as much as we do. If you enjoyed this low sodium recipe, be sure to visit our Low Sodium section for more recipes like it. Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter so you never miss a single healthy recipe. For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook, follow us on Pinterest, and stop by our Google+ Community to see all of the amazing recipes our community members are sharing. Enjoy!