Introducing a Healthy Caesar Salad that is easier than you think and much lighter than the traditional version. Start by making a waistline-friendly homemade Caesar dressing with Greek yogurt and a just a few other ingredients you probably already have on hand.
With the new year approaching, are you looking at eating leaner and cleaner? Maybe you want to eat more greens? One of our favorite go-to lunches is a healthy and delicious Lighter Caesar Salad. With traditional Caesar salad, you get a lot of fat from the dressing, so we use a Greek yogurt based dressing to lighten the calorie count, plus get a bit of probiotics to keep belly bloat away.
- 1 head of Romaine lettuce
- 2 cups croutons
- ½ cup Greek yogurt Caesar dressing (Recipe Below)
- ¼ cup freshly-grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for topping
- Toss the Romaine, croutons, Greek yogurt Caesar dressing, and ¼ cup Parmesan cheese together in a large plastic storage bag.
- Serve immediately topped with extra Parmesan cheese.
- ½ cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- ½ cup freshly-grated Parmesan cheese
- 3-4 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 anchovy fillets, diced
- 3 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ of a lemon, juiced
- Blend all together until the mixture is nice and creamy.
- Serve on top of a Caesar salad.
If you love this simple and delicious healthy Lighter Caesar Salad and Dressing recipe, be sure to visit our Salads Section for even more like it. Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter so you never miss a single healthy recipe. For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook, follow us on Pinterest, and stop by our Google+ Community to see all of the amazing recipes our community members are sharing. Enjoy!