These Skinny Steak Fajitas are lighter than traditional recipes and simple enough to make as a weeknight meal. They’re also perfect as the centerpiece to a Mexican Fiesta Bar for your big game appetizer fare.
We love Skinny Steak Fajitas for a variety of reasons. They’re lighter than traditional fajita recipes, Mexican food is one of our favorite cuisines, and these steak fajitas are also great on the appetizer table for the big game. Using a lean cut of steak gives you the protein you need to make you feel full longer and feed your muscles. For this recipe, we use lean flank steak that’s broiled for a few minutes on both sides before simmering with seasonings, peppers, and onions. Simple, satisfying, and delicious!
- 1 lb flank steak
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- ½ tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 large red pepper, cut into strip
- 1 large yellow or red onion, cut into thin rings
- Shredded lettuce, shredded low fat cheese, and tomatoes for garnishments
- 8 corn tortillas
- ¼ cup water
- Preheat oven to broil.
- Place flank steak on broiler pan.
- Sprinkle with Worcestershire sauce and little garlic powder.
- Broil for about 4 minutes on one side, flip the steak over, and re-season.
- Broil an additional 3-4 minutes until your desired doneness.
- Slice steak into very thin strips against the grain.
- Coat a large nonstick pan with cooking spray. Add 1 teaspoon olive oil and heat.
- Add peppers and onions and sauté over medium-high heat for a few minutes.
- Next add cooked, sliced steak, and juices from broil pan.
- Stir in seasonings and water.
- Simmer and cook for about 5 minutes until the vegetables are soft.
- Place mixture in the center of a tortilla and top with garnishments.
We hope you love this Skinny Steak Fajitas recipe as much as we do. If you enjoyed this delicious recipe, be sure to subscribe to our newsletter so you never miss another one like it. For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook, follow us on Pinterest, and stop by our Google+ Community to see all of the amazing recipes our members are sharing. Enjoy!