The versatile hot jalapeño has long been used as a staple ingredient to spice up many dishes. Did you know this medium-sized chili pepper can help with weight loss, migraine relief, blood pressure, and more? These five Jalapeño Health Benefits may surprise you!
How do you enjoy your jalapeños?
Whether you use this spicy, medium-sized chili in your favorite salsa, guacamole, sandwich, or even cocktail, you may be using it just for the flavor, but it’s so much more than that. The jalapeño health benefits you are adding to your recipes may surprise you! This magical pepper can help prevent cancer, help with your migraines, boost weight loss, and even lower your blood pressure!
5 Jalapeño Health Benefits that may surprise you!
- Cancer Deterrent – Jalapeños contain a special natural plant compound called capsaicin. Research has shown that capsaicin targets multiple signaling pathways, oncogenes, and tumor-suppressor genes in various types of cancer models.
- Boost Weight Loss – Capsaicin, which gives jalapeños their heat, can help raise your core body temperature, increasing your metabolic rate. While this effect is mild, the heat of the peppers can help curb your appetite leading you to eat less at meals.
- Migraine Relief – Studies have suggested that jalapeño peppers may provide pain relief for migraine headaches. Capsaicin is known to inhibit a key neuropeptide, Substance P, which is the critical brain pain transmitter.
- Lower Blood Pressure – Jalapeños are a chili pepper, and chili peppers commonly have lots of flavonoids, Vitamin C, and Vitamin A. Flavonoids are good for lowering blood pressure.
- Fight Infections – Research suggests that capsaicin can help prevent infections such as strep throat, bacterial tooth decay, and chlamydia.
We hope you find these health benefits useful in your quest for a happier, healthier you. If you’re looking for more ways to use jalapeños or other daily recipe inspiration, subscribe to our newsletter, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!