By adding these five Anti-Inflammatory Foods to your daily diet, you may be able to reduce your risk of chronic inflammation which has been linked to a number of prominent health concerns such as cancer, diabetes, and depression.
Reduce Your Risk of Cancer, Diabetes, and Depression!
Our bodies use intermittent inflammation to fight foreign invaders such as pollen and chemicals. But too much of a good thing can lead to health concerns. A diet full of refined carbohydrates, processed meats, and sugary drinks may trigger your immune system, resulting in chronic inflammation. Chronic inflammation has been linked as a risk factor for a number of dangerous diseases including cancer, heart disease, diabetes, arthritis, depression, and Alzheimer’s disease. By adding Anti-Inflammatory Foods to your daily diet, you help decrease your risk of chronic inflammation.
In addition to having anti-inflammatory properties, these superfoods also have a variety of additional health benefits.
- From eye health to heart health, Tomatoes can also help reduce blood pressure and fight the effects of smoking. Fresh tomatoes contain a significant amount of Vitamin A, C, and K, as well as Vitamin B6, folate, and thiamin
- In addition to fighting inflammation, eating Green Leafy Vegetables, such as spinach, strengthens muscles and supports eye health.
- Snacking on Nuts like almonds and walnuts may reduce your risk of chronic inflammation. Almonds also contain other necessary vitamins and minerals like Vitamin E and magnesium which help lower cholesterol, improve heart health, and aid in bone health.
- Fatty Fish high in omega-3 acids like salmon and tuna help build strong cells. Healthy cells are necessary as they boost collagen and support the structure of our skin.
- Turmeric is a natural anti-inflammatory that has been proven to ease muscle soreness and reduce the pressure of a headache. It’s also good for your digestive track in that it helps fight indigestion and is a natural liver detoxifier.
Recipes That Naturally Reduce Chronic Inflammation:
- Cucumber Tomato Avocado Salad is a wonderfully healthy side dish. This refreshing salad combines fresh cucumbers, ripe tomatoes, and creamy avocado for an easy side or light lunch everyone will love.
- Give your midday meal a refreshing boost when you sip on this Spinach Pineapple Ginger Smoothie recipe made with fresh, clean ingredients full of healthy goodness.
- When you need a healthy snack, these Sweet Salty Energy Bites are a no-bake treat you’ll love. You can feel good about these bite-sized treats because of the healthy ingredients.
- Walnut Pesto Salmon helps you eat heart smart with every bite. Salmon, walnuts, basil, and olive oil pack powerful cholesterol cutters and antioxidants into one delicious dish! As a bonus, this meal is ready in less than 30 minutes.
- If you’ve overindulged and your body’s in need of a reset, this Ginger Turmeric Mango Smoothie is for you! Packed with superfoods, this is a healthy breakfast and detox drink in one. Only six ingredients and one step to a refreshed day!
Disclosure: The author of this article is not a trained medical professional, nor a dietician. All of the information in this post is based on research, doctor recommendations, and personal experience.