These Creamy, No Mayo Salmon Salad Bowls use avocado and mustard as the base rather than heavy mayonnaise. They are low carb, gluten free, and paleo without the optional black beans. Served up in a lettuce bowl with celery stalk spoons, this is the perfect healthy lunch option.
Low Carb, Gluten Free, No Mayo Salmon Salad Bowls
Think a lunch or dinner option that’s high in protein, low in carbs, is gluten free, and paleo (without the optional black beans) would also be in low in flavor? Think again! This super Creamy, No Mayo Salmon Salad Bowl is an incredibly satisfying meal that’s bursting with crunch, texture, and incredible flavors. Using avocado and mustard instead of heavy mayonnaise drops the unhealthy fats and greasy flavor. We love serving this salmon, onion, and peppery salad up in a lettuce bowl with celery stalks as sporks to scoop up the goodness and deliver an added crunch. The flavors blend beautifully and this dish leaves you feeling satisfied and full of energy because of the high protein count in salmon. If you aren’t following the paleo eating plan, add some black beans for even more flavor and added protein. If you’d prefer, swap the salmon for tuna to change up the flavor.
- For the Salmon Salad:
- 1-6 oz can pink salmon, no bones (you can substitute canned tuna if you prefer)
- ½ avocado, mashed into a paste
- 2 tbsp brown mustard
- ¼ red onion, diced
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- For Serving:
- Iceberg Lettuce Leaf
- Celery Stalks
- Canned Black Beans, drained, optional
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, mash avocado to paste consistency.
- Drain salmon (or tuna) and mix it in thoroughly, breaking up large chunks, with the avocado.
- Mix in the mustard, diced onions, and ground pepper.
- Serve in a lettuce bowl with celery stalks for scooping, and top with black beans if desired.
We hope you love this simple Low Carb, No Mayo Salmon Salad Lettuce Bowl recipe as much as we do. If you enjoyed this simple recipe, be sure to subscribe to our newsletter so that you never miss another one like it. For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook, follow us on Pinterest, and stop by our Google+ Community to see all of the amazing recipes our community members are sharing. Enjoy!