If you’re new to meal planning, you need to use this list of 5 Healthy Foods to Meal Prep Each Week. By using nutritious ingredients that are easy to prep, you’ll be ready to quickly put together a variety of meals throughout the week. This is a no fail plan!
If you’re trying to eat healthy meals throughout the week, meal prep is the way to go! By prepping healthy foods on Sunday, you’ll be ready to whip healthy meals up in a snap all week long.
5 Healthy Foods to Meal Prep Each Week
- Chicken – Keep this lean protein on hand already prepared to add to your meals. Cut your chicken into bite-sized pieces, marinate in balsamic vinegar with spices, and bake in the oven. Four ounces of lean chicken breast has approximately 28 grams of protein and it’s perfect for adding to salads, pasta dishes, and more.
- Spiralized Noodles – Prepare your noodles for the week ahead of time using zucchini, squash, cucumbers, and carrots. Swap out heavy carb pasta noodles with veggie noodles in all of your favorite dishes. Veggie noodles can keep in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- Instant Oatmeal Mason Jars – These jars are an easy way to make sure you get a healthy breakfast quickly on busy mornings. Add 1/2 cup dry old fashioned oats to the bottom of the glass jar. Add your favorite ingredients like low sugar fruits, dark chocolate, or even greens. When you’re ready to eat, pour boiling water or warm milk over the mixture until the oats are ready to eat.
- Quinoa – Quinoa is one of the most protein-rich foods we can eat. It is a complete protein containing all nine essential amino acids. Quinoa contains almost twice as much fiber as most other grains. Prep on Sunday and add into salads and side dishes.
- Eggs – Eggs are an excellent source of protein, vitamins A and B, and healthy fat. Eggs should be a staple in your daily diet. They can be eaten in a salad, added to a sandwich, or eaten alone. An easy way to make a large batch is to bake your eggs in muffin tins for just 30 minutes at 350ºF. Plunge baked eggs in a large bowl filled with ice water until cooled completely, about 10 minutes.
We hope you find this list of 5 Healthy Foods to Meal Prep Each Week helpful. For more posts to help you with your active and healthy lifestyle, visit our Healthy Tips Section. Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter so that you never miss a healthy recipe. Enjoy!
Disclosure: The author of this article is not a trained medical professional, nor a dietician. All of the information in this post is based on research and personal experience.