You must make these Detoxifying Immune Boosting Lemon Ice Cubes that pack a big nutritional punch. They are so simple to toss into smoothies, a glass of water, or even into soups. Lemons house powerful nutrients which give a boost to the immune system, helping to ward off infections and disease.
The next time you pour a glass of water, add in these Detoxifying Immune Boosting Lemon Ice Cubes. Lemons are considered one of the most alkalizing foods you can eat. Lemon peels contain a spectrum of vitamins, minerals, fiber, calcium, and potassium that can give your menu a nutritional boost. Lemon peel also helps in preventing bone-related diseases likes osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, and inflammatory polyarthritis.
Immune Boosting Lemon Ice Cubes Benefits
- Alkalize Your Body: Lemons are acidic and are alkaline-forming on body fluids helping to restore balance to the body’s pH.
- Boost Weight Loss: Drink lemon juice mixed with lukewarm water and honey. It can help reduce body weight. Lemons are made up with pectin which acts as a soluble fiber in our bodies. Pectin promotes digestion, and can actually help us lose weight.
- Abandon Your Anxiety – Research has shown that lemon balm has a calming effect, therefore may be able to help reduce fatigue, exhaustion, dizziness, anxiety, nervousness, and tension.
- Boost Your Immune System: Lemons are rich in vitamin C and flavonoids that work against illnesses like colds.
- Destroy Bacteria: Lemons have beneficial antibacterial properties. Experiments have shown that the juice of lemons destroys the bacteria of malaria, cholera, diphtheria, typhoid, and other deadly diseases.
A refreshing kitchen hack for nutrient-dense immune boosting lemon ice cubes.
- 3-4 Large Organic Lemons
- 1/4 - 1/2 Cup Spring Water
- Chop your lemons into small chunks.
- Add into a blender.
- Add just a little bit of water to get a good consistency, not too much so that it is watered down.
- Blend until smooth and pour into ice cube trays.
- Freeze for a few hours or overnight.
Home Chef Tip: Pop out cubes and store in freezer bags.
We hope you find this recipe for Immune Boosting Lemon Ice Cubes useful in your quest for a happier, healthier you. If you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to visit our Healthy Food Tips and Drinks sections for more like it. Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter so that you never miss a single healthy recipe, and for daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook and follow us on Pinterest. Enjoy!
Disclosure: The author of this article is not a trained medical professional, nor a dietician. All of the information in this post is based on research and personal experience.